Can I start flowering?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by carlovitch, Jul 20, 2011.

1. I have three plants all different sizes. The large and medium ones on the left are a g-13 strain and I'm not sure what the one on the right is. The soil is a mix of my compost with dirt from the ground. I'm using a 200 watt full spectrum light. I haven't added any nutrients or done anything really than water it. The two bigger g-13's have been growing for about 6 weeks, the smaller one had some issues when it was small, the leaves were growing in all sorts of weird directions, but has straightened out since.
    I have a pretty limited space. My closet is about 8 feet tall 3 feet wide and a foot deep. I have heard that they will about double in size when they flower so I am wondering if I should start the flowering stage soon on the bigger one. If I do this, I will most likely move the smaller ones outside and hope they don't die from the shock.

Let me know what you guys think about starting the flowering stage, and what you think I should do about the other two.

Thanks for all and any help!

Attached Files:

2. You can start flowering anytime you want. Some folks go to straight 12/12 lighting from seed....Ive never tried that though...your biggest problem is that 1-foot part in your dimensions but that can be overcome by some "training" to keep them inside your area because you have 8 feet of space to grow upwards...the plants look nice and healthy. Check out some of the threads on hear about LSTing and other techniques you could use...as far as can you flower now? Absolutely...I usually turn my lights to 12/12 when my girls are 8" tall because my tent is pretty small in height.

3. Sorry about double post, but since you dont know the sex of your plants, I would leave all 3 in there and start 12/12 and in a few weeks you will know who stays or goes...If (God forbid) you have any males, get rid of them unless you want seeds.

4. First, I've always heard of poor results when trying to move plants from and indoor environment to and outdoor one, unless you were just talking about outside of the cabinet. If not, I'd suggest you leave them with the others.

If you choose to flower now with all of the plants, I believe your best bet would be to somehow raise the smaller plant so that its top is level with that of the larger ones, and to try your best to maintain that distance throughout the grow. If not, chances are you'll be looking at some below-average buds on the smaller one.

Also, a single 200w (I assume CFL) only produces roughly 12-15k lumens, which is somewhat shy for 3 or more plants - I'd suggest rigging up several smaller CFLs in order to get more of what you're looking for. Good luck.

5. How long have those been veging?

6. #6 carlovitch, Jul 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2011
    6 weeks

7. The question isn't CAN you flower, it's if you want to yet. The longer you veg the bigger the plants, the bigger the plants the larger buds it can support, the larger buds....well you get the point. You can flower whenever you please as said before, it just depends how much you are aiming for in terms of yield. Best of luck my friend.

Anonymous

8. Those are really small for 6weeks, and considering your using a 200w system. My plants have been veging for 5weeks and there much bigger, and im also using clfs nothing fancy. I dont think you will yeild much if you start flowering now.

Goodluck tho dude!