Can I start flowering? (pics)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OkinKun, Jun 13, 2008.

1. So I started in early April. Been growing these for a good 9 weeks now.
    This is my first grow, and I've hit quite a few bumps, which have slowed things down... So they've grown rather slowly...
    I had hoped that they would have grown a little bigger by this time... But I am ok with their size, since this was just my first attempt.

Still they're not bad. Most of them have 15+ tops so far, ~20 on the best ones.
    Also the pots are quite large, a good 12 inches wide, if not, possibly a little larger than that. Which makes the plants look smaller than they really are.

I've grown on an 18/6 schedule, under decent CFL lights. Both daylights and normals.

So today I noticed a few small pre-flowers on a couple of the plants, too small/early to sex, but they ARE there nonetheless. Which is why I think it's a good time to start flowering, as the plants seem to be getting impatient, and so am I.

Please see attached pic. Let me know what you think. :)

If I'm o.k. to start flowering, I'll probably leach the soil either tomorrow or Saturday, and then start the flowering light schedule. As a side question, what's the rule of thumb for nutrients durring flowering? I was thinking I'd give them 1 more mild dose of nutes in a week or so, once I've determined which ones were female/male. However long that will take.

Attached Files:

2. You can start flowering stage at any time during vegetative growth.
    Id say you look good to start 12/12 now.

3. id say go ahead with flowering, they look pretty bushy so thats a good sign, and they look like a decent size to put 12/12

4. Thanks. Yeah, I was pretty sure it was about time.

BTW, the 2 on the right side of the picture, were LST'ed... Although they didn't make it very far around the pot. They still have plenty of branches - 20ish.

And the 2 on the left, were ones that I'd Topped/Fimmed. Fimming really isn't as hard as people made it out to be. Once you understand how it works, it's easy. lol

I can't wait to see what the flowers look like, I hope I get 2 females. I wonder how much I'll get from them though... =/

^_^; Thanks, I needed the second opinions.

5. I read that it will be better when the plant has grown over 12 inches. I do mine at 18/24 inches tall. By the way, you might need more light, not enough lumens from CFL's, the more and closer to the plant, the better. Use warm light for all stages. Nute w/miracle gro per instructions. Good luck :smoke:

6. :metal:Nice looking plants there!! Bushy is the best except when it comes to women!!! WHy dont you make some mothers out of them and cut some clones? As much trouble as I have had making clones, it it great for sexing so your not wasting your light and money. Plus, you will know what to expect from your clones when it comes to growth and nutes. Any idea what strain your working with? :metal:

7. Naw, these are just bag seeds... So I wasn't worried about cloning or anything.
    Plus this is just my first grow, so I'm trying to keep it basic.

Anyway...
    Plants still grow, during flowering, right? Cause I topped a few times couple days ago, and I hope those will recover and grow out a little... =/

8. plants definitely grow in flowering. i think they double in size or something, depending on type obviously.

9. I couldn't remember if that was the case or not. But I think I've heard that before.

It would certainly be nice if these doubled in size... Though I wont expect quite that much. Still that's reassuring. Thnx ^_^; Even a little more growth, will be perfect.

My biggest worry at this point, is the sexing... I hope I get 2 females... But its just too early to tell. I just really hope I don't get a bunch of herms... @_@