Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I smoke weed after my molar extraction?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by themakeouthills, Feb 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I got my bottom molar removed yesterday at 2pm and it's 3am now and I'm so tempted to smoke rn but idk If I should. My brother over here panicking me talking about dry sockets and infections.

2. of cause you can smoke weed ..or vape it after a tooth being removed ,,mac,

3. Dry sockets are a very real possibility, and I have heard that they hurt like a bitch. That being said, I have had a couple of teeth pulled and smoked the same day without ever having an issue. So the question is, Do You feel lucky?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. You certainly are risking it if you smoke. Vaping... I don't know

5. I wouldn't do it man. Just take the candies you got sent home with and watch some TV

6. Its the act of sucking that really causes the dry sockets to my understanding. Even using a straw can cause them, but im sure the smoke wont help either. If you really want to do it then atleast stuff a balled up little piece of napkin in it.

7. To be clear to the people in this thread never do the above....

Inserting paper or cotton or anything in an open extraction or cut can and will lead to infection. Bits get stuck and they colonize with bacteria.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."

8. I vaped immediately afterwards but my airflow is so wide open it's like just breathing. the dry socket danger is in the negative pressure of the wound. I think the literature they sent me home with said alles gute in 24 hrs iirc

9. loved Frasier lol still watch reruns

• Like Like x 1
  10. fair enough lol