Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I smoke resin extracted with isopropyl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by my9thtime, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Hi there. I've recently gave one of my pieces a clean up, and I used isopropyl alcohol to do it. The only problem is, I've tasted the resin and it tastes a lot like alcohol.

My question is; does resin normally taste like this, and if its not normal, is it still safe to smoke?

And please spare the whole "resin is nasty" talk. I know. Its my choice to make.

2. The Alcohol probably absorbed alot of the THC in the resin, so smoking it won't do you very much good.

3. ive never been able to actually try that kidn of resin yet. my mom foudn the bowl i was using to evaporate the alcohol and dumped it out. lol.

but what i heard. is that if your pour it out onto a flat surface(that wont melt if its exposed to fire) you can light the alcohol/resin mixture. and the fire will burn away the alcohol. id prolly do it 3 or 4 times to be safe.

4. Use 99% iso, wash piece, pour liquid onto glass dish, let dry, smoke.

5. let it air our for a few hours and it should evaporate.

6. As long as it isn't wet at all with the alcohol then you're good to go.

7. #7 4_2_0, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
    While I don't recommend smoking resin, I have to say that you should never, ever do what I've quoted above. The poster is misinformed.

First of all, you'll probably burn your house down. Have you ever lit alcohol? It burns with a large amount of aggression and heat.

What you need to do is what the other poster posted........pour the resin laiden 99% Iso-alcohol onto a flat plate and let it air out. The Iso will evaporate over time. To speed the process up a bit, you can use a fan to create a breeze over the Iso.

Once the Iso has completely evaporated (you'll be able to tell because everything will be dry), you can use a razor blade to scrape the resin off of the plate. Now you can store it in an emptyprescription bottle until you're ready to smoke it.

8. Nah, he ain't gonna burn his house down. I play with fire all the time in my basement and isopropyl aclohol is pretty easy to control. It burns really clean too, makes a good fuel for small heating dishes. Anyway, IDK why your resin still smells like alcohol, let it dry out more.