Can I save my babies?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by starbuck09, Sep 7, 2009.

1. I have six plants, 10 days old, in a cardboard box with 5 x 20 Watt CFLs. The last couple of days the stems have gotten limper and limper, and now they some of them are just keeling over completely. I have tried to prop them up a bit to bring them closer to the light.

I know the lights are unsufficient but i just havent gotten around to getting a bigger CFL yet, I just figured they would be ok for a little while since they are so small, but I guess I was wrong - they have stretched and stretched and now they cant hold themselves up.

Can I save them if I bring them under sufficient lighting within a couple of days, or have I ruined them?

Apart from the lighting I think the other conditions are ok; I got a fan and mostly keeping temperature under 86 F. I've been careful not to overwater them. Not sure about the soil though; I got organic soil and I havent given them any nutrition yet.

2. You should be able to. You may have to make a small stake with a toothpick or something, and add more lights, should work.

3. Thanks! Got both a CFL 125 w and TNT nutrition today, hope that will help!