Can i run 9 leds at 550 true watts in a 13×13 grow room?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Savage9250, Jul 7, 2017.

1. I have a room that i wanted to grow in and i wasnt sure if i could run all 9 leds at 550 true watts each. Do i have to run extention cords from other rooms? Or is a generator a better option

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. you are best to dedicate this room to grow

That means installing the electrical wall sockets in the ceiling if necessary

and perhaps 2x 6 inch extract vents, with carbon filters attached

a passive vent in is good

doing big grows on a shit budget can only result in one poor thing

good luck

3. I am dedicating the room for growing. Money isnt a problem, but i wasnt sure if i needed to add a dedicated breaker to the room or if its not necessary.

4. 15 amp circuit = 1800 watts. don't pull more than 1440 from it (80%)

not sure how much of the 13x13 area you plan on growing in, but they suggest like 20-30 watts per sq/ft for veg, and 50+ watts per sq/ft for flower.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Its a 20 amp circuit and i wanted to do the whole room. Can i run extension cables from other rooms?

6. 20 amps is 2400 watts (20 amps x 120 volts = 2400 watts). only pull 1920 (80%) ... if you're going to be pulling more than that i would personally recommend adding another circuit .. extension cords are a ghetto temporary option though. just don't get crazy with it. getting crazy with it is how fires get started.

• Winner Winner x 1