Can I repot during flower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Stevie23, May 17, 2017.

1. Just wondering if I can remember pot 3 weeks into flower. I'm growing lemon haze using natural water no nutes at all till week 5. I feel it would thrive in a bigger pot but read lots about not reporting in flower.
    Thanks in advance .

2. You can but most just nute the soil to replace needed nutrition thats not present in the soil anymore. Freshen it up throw some on top.

3. Root development slows when in flower.

4. I do it whenever a plant calls for it.....like gets root bound and causes me to have to water it daily. LOL The key is letting the plant dry out really well to nearly dead dry before you do it. It comes out in one big blob that way and you don't lose soil around the roots, etc. Less stress. Have your new container prepped and ready and just set it over from the old one into the new one and fill in the extra space with fresh soil. Water that sucker in and put her back under the lights. Mine never even show stress from it. They just go to work in the new soil. If you have room left at the top of the container and it's nutrition that's lacking from your present soil, just top it off with fresh soil. I do that sometimes too. But honestly, it's never the nutrition that is lacking when I repot in flower, it's root room. When they get so vigorous in their growth that I have to water every day, it's time for a new container. I tend quite a few plants at a time and every plant has to be tended individually, so that's my trigger to repot...having to water daily. I very rarely ever have one to expend the soil of nutrients. But we repot ours up into the large containers they will flower in a couple of weeks before they actually get put into flower so they have time to build their root system and get back to growing again (5 or 7 gal), and that has pretty much gotten rid of the need for repotting during flower. TWW

5. like widow said, you could, but most don't. Again the root growing slows quite a bit during flower and it would take a while for it to recover after transplant. Could stress it out quite a bit so you gotta ask yourself about the risk/reward.

6. Maybe if I provided pics of the pot and the plant then you could advise me on weather it needs it. I'm feeding every 3 days. Just on water no nutes at all. Can I use Overdrive in week 3 of flower or do I have to wait till week 5 as it states on pack

7. Can I pack the new pot with coco coir? Although I'm using soil. Not as such mix them just prep the new pot with coco

8. Coco is inert grow medium why would u want to your growing in soil.

9. Was just curious as to if this was possible as I had a block of that laying around. Please remember I'm a beginner haha

10. If your gonna transplant just use the same soil mix your using now id add extra perlite