Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I 're-purge' my BHO??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by freakp8ntbaler, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Ok so I am pretty sure that i did not fully purge my BHO of all the butane because i was rushed through the end of the process. I use a hot water bath and only had time for about 13ish minutes of purging while i usually go for about 30 minutes.

This may be a dumb question but I just want to know if i can just melt it down again and repurge it. I dont want to damage it or force it to form shatter as that is what ive read can happen from over heating while purging.

If anyone knows a better place to post this with more errl heads lmk...

2. yes, you need to go a lot longer than 30 min though man

3. yeah you can

or just buy a hand pump and purge it that way. only like $30 and you'll end with a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better product

4. never thought it would be that cheap. are you taking about a homemade setup with a brake bleeder? or what?

5. #5 OutOnTheTiles, Jan 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Yeah you can, a small butane lighter helps pop any gas bubbles as well (in case you didnt already know) Like everyone says though, vac purge FTW.

6. yup, exactly. brake bleeder + mason jar + hot water bath= dank wax

http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/brakes.html

I use one very similar to the Mittyvac one, only $35.99 + the price of a mason jar (no more than $4) to make nicely purged wax

7. Im having the same issue here, Did you leave your oil on parchment, in your jar? I purged with the same set up and left it in a 25 in vac for 12 hours after vacing it about 5 times. as soon as hits the nail it sizzeling.

8. What consistency is it now? Theres nothing wrong with shatter man, if anything thats good.

If its buddery/waxy, throw it in the oven on its lowest setting, mine is 170 so you can go a little lower if possible. You can melt that shit right back down to clear shatter. If its not opaque and its just sappy, throw it on some low heat like 90-110F and leave it there for 6hr+. 30 minutes is NOT gonna cut it.

9. The run I did last night I vac'd it 4 or 5 times for like a 1/2 hour each, then left in a vac over night, consistancy is amber and glass but when I hit it sizzled, tasted great but sizzeled so I'm gona put my jar in hot watere bath on stove like someone else had mentioned above and vac it at the same time. Does this sound right?

10. This is my second run first one came our perfect, all I did was whip it a little and a bunch of Hot water baths.

11. Sizzle isn't always butane, if theres no burning or anything like tane its most likely just moisture.

You can't really get "all" of the butane out since its chemically bonded to the compounds you extracted.... or at least I think so. Either way, I can tell you you probably aren't getting all of it out just by doing a few 30minute rounds and an overnighter.

12. The crazy thing is its best tasting oil I've had. Tastes like the buds I used, completely smooth, just sizzeling.

13. probably moisture then. I'd say give it another good overnighter in the vac and it should be golden.