Can I prune 2 of 4 colas at a young age?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by kusheclair, Aug 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. How is a mutant awesome, please enlighten me as to why in the world you'd want a mutant throwing odd leafs his early?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good stuff, I just tied them bigger parts down slightly lower than the 2 smaller ones last night, looking good so far!

Hey, maybe he's just trying not to scare me :')

• Like Like x 1
  3. So. Over the 200 odd strains I've grown. I've gotten some mutants. Probably happens because of hybridization. By mutant I mean weird growth patterns. Now the mutants I got popped seeds and the very first set of leafs I knew they were special because they grew 3 fan leafs rather than two. Which turned into 3 main stems instead of one ...I don't mean hermie mutants. I mean stuff like double top main stems and triples. And read around. Everyone else who's had em come their way has also said they turned out to be some of their very best plants.

It's this simple bud. Would you rather have one main cola , or would you rather have 3 that all grow the same size and same rate. You don't lose anything and when trained properly they become monster bushes that you get way way more from. Case in point. Rt here 20160821_225538.jpg mutant plant
    20160821_225626.jpg non mutant Screenshot_20160826-111127.jpg mutant with 3 tops
    Screenshot_20160822-213206.jpg non mutant with one nice top.
    Understand where I'm going with that now ? The mutants just do better.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I don't think he's trying to scare you. I think maybe and it's just a guess but he hasn't had a mutant in the way I've seen em come. 15 years growing you come across some weird plants. Maybe he just had a bad experience with a mutant I'm not sure i can't judge or really say because I don't know him or his grows..but my experience and a lot of grow friends experiences have been the mutants are an extra gift. Not a curse

• Like Like x 1

5. Seed popper? For every great mutant how many awful mutants have you had? Odds are many more poor mutants than great ones, sure you'll find an amazing one once in a while but hell if you grow TGA you'll find a non hermie good plant once in a while too but honestly it aint worth the time or money!! I had Serious Seeds Bubblegum throw flat stems (theres a name for it but its not coming to me atm) flat stem grows into multiple tops eventually and yea its a cool look but no ones yet to isolate the trait.

From bag seed sure you get what you get and you're happy if you get anything but honestly mutants have become a norm in breeding and its gotta stop, stabilization is a must.

• Like Like x 1