Can I......... or what can I do?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by JamesLoganson, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Right It's been 2 days since I switched and I'm already after speaking to few peoole starting to feel my plants might grow out of my space, could I let couple of kola's get big harvest early (obviously not too early I want only some brown trichomes, because I want mine to be potent as possible and energetic and not a couch lock.
    Then let the bottom ones get more light and bigger? I heard people harvest because obviously in real life obviously plants and trees don't grow their fruits/flower at same time (They do but size wise and ripen)Here's a picture.
    IMAG0125.jpg

2. You going to finish them in that space? If so yup your going to run out of room. You'r best be in my opinion is to move some and if you can't don't top them it will make them bushier.

3. It's been 2 days since I switched to flower I mean, and they finish about 55 days it says.
    So I got alittle confused by what you said I think you misunderstood me, if not can you please explain further, and I've only topped them once, I've done hardcore LST, and lolipopped too.

4. #4 The Widow White, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    By what I see from your picture, you've got enough for maybe one plant in there. Crowding a bunch into a room while they're vegging is fine, but once they start to flower, they're going to grow more and bush/spread/grow up. How many plants you're attempting to flower shouldn't be determined by space only. What matters is how much light power you're flowering with. If you're using CFL's, leave 2 or 3 in there because they're not powerful enough to get the kind of growth that is going to threaten your space. If you're flowering with HPS, you can expect plant growth because those are great lights for flowering. But, depending on the wattage, you're only going to be able to do so much with each light. We run 4, 1000 watt hps fixtures per room and the most I grow under one lamp is 4 or 5. When you don't give your plants enough space, they can't open up and get light penetration below the canopy so everything below the tops is garbage and under developed. If you're growing with an LED, depending on the quality of the light and the wattage, you're going to get growth too. You've just way overloaded your space here for the flowering cycle. Why in the world would you want to put your plants into flower right now...and all of them at once? Could you not put one or two in for flower and then hold on to the others and let them grow until the first one or two get finished. Then you would have backup for your next round? The biggest piece of advice I can give you regarding indoor growing is that your harvest and size/health of plant are directly proportional to the quality and strength of lighting it gets throughout it's whole life....through both veg and flower. But you most definitely want to flower with the strongest light possible to get the best buds and most of them you can per plant at harvest. Don't know what your level of grow experience is, but if you're new at it, go to the new grower threads and read the several "sticky's" posted there for beginners. They contain most of the basics we all SHOULD know before we start....but very few ever think about that part. They spend months and months contemplating the setup they'll put together to grow with and no effort into researching these plants and how they grow, what they need and what they like. You can build a grow palace but if you can't keep the plant alive, it'll do you no good. Understanding lighting and how much it can realistically do per size light is a big deal as well. You can harvest more from one plant that gets what it needs than you can by putting 4 in the same space thinking you'll get more. But it's going to take them about a week or so before you start seeing buds form and they'll need to flower for at least 6 weeks or so before you could harvest and get much of a buzz from the plant. It's always best to let them go your projected length of time and even longer for greater potency, but there is a point that they have to get to before they're any good at all. The resin doesn't really start to pile on until the last 2 or 3 weeks of the flower cycle, so you're not going to do yourself any favors by trying to rush them. They're going to do it their way regardless of what is convenient for you or what you think is best. They've lived for thousands of years in the wild on their own with no help from man, so you have little influence over them other than giving them best light you can, understanding the basics of watering, feeding, potting, etc.....and leaving them alone. . Most strains will be harvestable in 60 days....now look up about what strain you're growing, but the way to know if you can take them or not is by looking at the individual trichomes through a loupe (or some other extreme form of magnification) because it's the percentage of amber in the trichomes that tells how where they stand developmentally. Good luck! TWW

• Like Like x 1
  5. You need a two foot square for each plant. Your tent looks too small. Cutting a main cola off won't help with the size problem it will just stress out your plants. in a tight squeeze like that your best off just not topping them so they don't bush out any more than they have to. topping them makes them grow wider and you have no width to work with in there. The other option would be to move two or three to another tent or something. When they get crowded air will have a harder time getting to the center of the plants and that's how rot starts.

6. .
    I don't top they just naturally grow 3 heads, should of switched earlier I guess left them too late. Not sure what I'm going to do, I don't have space for additional space nor the kit. Guys I came across this article, in another forums, Cut 95% of fan leaves off 3 weeks into flower - I always wanted to try this
    Basically cannabis plants when they start flowering, technically the flower is still leaves right? just different shape/size, so I was wondering if I did what this guy say on the thread?

7. i had 5 on my first grow and i had them in a 48x48" box and holy crap it was crowded. They were all pressed up against the walls and stuff. I could not have fit 6 in there no way. It's a tough call, i almost got rid of that fifth one last run.