Can i move plants from soil to hydro?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by joanne1505, Jun 27, 2006.

1. I have 2 plants in soil about 2 1/2 weeks old, about 5 inch tall, i was wondering if i could move them to a hydro set up and if so how can i do this without damaging the roots. I have a nfl set up with 600w sodium light, i have got 2 plants already in rockwool about a week away from putting into this system. i was going to do 2 in soil and 2 in nfl just to see the difference but after more thinking i might as well put the all together if possible. I germinated them 2 weeks apart that is why they are at a different growing stages (also i had not got the set up completed yet) If i can transplant them what medium do you sugest to put them into to stabelise the roots in nfl?

2. yea. just pull her out in the bathtub and let water run over the roots till they are clean. 2 problems. you might shock the plant and if you dont get all the dirt off you will have problems later on down the road. i would just leavem. i had the same problem u do but i leftem in the soil and started new seeds in my ponics. so the males can be replaced with clones from the dirt plants.