Can I mix molasses and my other nutes together?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Herijuana Heretic, Aug 27, 2015.

1. #1 Herijuana Heretic, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2015
    Hello my fellow growers! Here is my question and backstory. I am growing outdoors, I have 5 Green Crack, a Strawberry Blue and a Critical SensiStar ,gallon 20 gallon fabric pots. They all are currently flowering ( 3 weeks in) and have been using a 5-50-17 nute for flowering about once a week. I just started using molasses (by itself) 2 days ago. Can i mix it with my 5-50-17 or should i use them seperatley .. I dont want to over do it. Ive been fertilizing once a week. Thank you in advance.

2. You can mix molasses with anything you feed. It goes into most of my teas. The molasses is very gentle and is unlikely to cause any problems. Just use 1 tbs per gallon every feeding or every other watering. That fertilizer you are using sounds really hot though. Be careful not to burn with that. If anything causes you problems it will be heavy synthetic nutrients. I recommend looking into organics next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. what's the molasses for?

4. #4 FauxRoux, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2015
    Blackstrap molasses is high in calcium, magnesium, iron and potassium. It also contains sulfur
    and a host of micronutrients. Using molasses as fertilizer provides
    plants with a quick source of energy and encourages the growth of
    beneficial microorganisms.

When molasses is added to organic fertilizers,
    it provides food for the healthy microbes in the soil. The greater
    amount of microbial activity in the soil, the healthier plants will be.
    Add molasses at a rate of 1 to 3 tablespoons to 1 gallon of fertilizer
    for best results.

er....wait...or are you just asking HIM what his intention is in regards to its use? [​IMG]

5. thank you mjmama . I used all organic other than that 5-50-17. I did get a little burn from it but used a little more than I should have...just gonna back off a little.

6. mjmama25, on 27 Aug 2015 - 07:27 AM, said:

You can mix molasses with anything you feed. It goes into most of my teas. The molasses is very gentle and is unlikely to cause any problems. Just use 1 tbs per gallon every feeding or every other watering. That fertilizer you are using sounds really hot though. Be careful not to burn with that. If anything causes you problems it will be heavy synthetic nutrients. I recommend looking into organics next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

whats NPK value do you suggest? I had minor burn. I have a 2 gallon container I use to feed my plants. Usually mix 2 gallons at a time and split that between 2 plants. Dont know if its better to just do a gallon at a time. I added 2 teaspoons of the 5-50-17 to 2 gallons and fed to 2 plants at a time. Had minor burn on a 3 out of 7 plants. Tomorrow im mixing molasses with nutes when i water. Any tips?