Can I mix gnatrol and Azamax?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jasper19, May 14, 2016.

1. #1 jasper19, May 14, 2016
    Last edited: May 14, 2016
    Well I thought I had my gnat issue tamped down and pulled all my sticky traps after 2 drenches of gnatrol.

Wrong. Took these today after getting the traps back out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two days ago I noticed they were back. I have to admit I think I mixed the gnatrol a bit weak @ 1/4 tsp per half gallon of distilled water. I think that was about half strength. I watered 6 days previous and wasn't 100% dry I think but close. I went ahead and watered and each plant got 2 quarts of distilled water with 1/2 tsp of gnatrol and I broke out the remaining traps I have. I saw a small amount of water runoff on one plant and none on the other so I figure that was about the right amount of water.
    After some further reading and searching here I ordered a small bottle of Azamax and some more traps. Should be here today.
    I will wait 7 days at least from yesterdays drench to make sure that the pots are dry.

Is it safe to mix the Azamax and the gnatrol in the same water for my next water/drench ? Since it will be another week after before I can water again Id like to get both products in action against the gnats.
    Other than that the plants look good I think for my first grow, however I think that they are slow growing but it may be my impatience. Bigger plant is 34 days old and smaller one is 29 days. I did a FIM on the bigger one last week. The strain is Northern Lights #5.
    [​IMG]

2. You can mix the two together. The reason you did not achieve control is because Gnatrol is a larvicide, it only kills the larva in the soil, but does not work on the adult stage. You can mix together or spray the foliage separately with the azamax or with spinosad to control the adults.

PW

3. Thanks. I have to presume the gnat larvae was in one or more of the ingredients of the organic soil I mixed using the thread in the organic grow forum here. I have never had any gnats in the house before and they are only in the tent with a few strays in the bedroom buzzing my computer screen. I just mixed up some vinegar and dish soap in a couple cut down solo cups. Put one in the closet and another on the desk in the room.

4. Gnats be GONE! I mixed a little over a tablespoon of Azamax in a gallon of distilled water. I then poured 1/2 tsp of gnatrol in my 2 qt watering pot and added the Azamax water. Each plant got 2 quarts like this. 2 days later I see no gnats at all. I replaced the sticky traps when I watered with this just to see how many adults and each pot had 3 traps. As of this morning there are probably 40-50 trapped between the 2 plants traps.
    BUT I see no adults now and if Irun my hands thru the plants I don't see any movement. The other day if I brushed the plants I would see multiple gnats moving.

I will continue to use this mix for at least two more weeks to be sure even if I see no more gnats.

I have decided since I am an organic grower that my next grow using the soil I have mixed and in the back yard in a container will be treated like this before the seedling is even transplanted into the pots.