Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I medicate on my front porch?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by cannabismeduse, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Hello, first off i'd like to say it's nice to join the forum, long time lurker first time poster.

I recently went to a local Medical Marijuana doctor and received my recommendation. I have been reading all kinds of arguments about if/where you can smoke and was hoping you guys could help me narrow this down.

1)Can you smoke in a public area? From what i've read - no smoking in/near 1,000 feet of school/churches and no smoking in a non-smoking area. What about parks? Beaches? Still illegal Federally?

2)Can I smoke on my property in OC California on my front porch?

Thanks for any help. :smoking:

2. Someone please answer OPs question. I would also like to know.

:smoking:

3. Technically I beleive you can, although it always states somewhere to do it somewhere discreet.

4. I don't think you can smoke near parks. Idk about the rest.

5. Yes, you can medicate anywhere that it's legal to smoke cigarettes, with some caveats. The 1,000 feet is only for school, and doesn't apply to churches. Parks & Beaches, as long as it's legal to smoke cigarettes which is not in most parks these days. Federally doesn't matter because there's no federal police, and the State police are bound to follow state law.
    [/quote]

2)Can I smoke on my property in OC California on my front porch?
    Sure can.

6. 2)Can I smoke on my property in OC California on my front porch?

Sure can.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much. My goal is not to cause any disturbances in the general public but I enjoy taking my medication at very peaceful locations.

7. Then you have no business in this thread or answering this topic.

8. Can you walk through stores/malls and non-smoking areas with your medicine and a pipe if everything is concealed?

What about government buildings? I know they have special regulations like no weapons ect...

Thanks again for the info.

9. Malls, yes. Government buildings, I wouldn't try it with a metal pipe or container.

10. Easy there tiger!

He was just saying that no ones gonna bat an eyelid @ it.

chill....

11. I'm sure you can medicate at your own home, and congrats on the reccomendation

12. Thanks again WildWill, another one of those pesky questions, they keep coming to me as I keep getting more paranoid! Good ol' cannabis.

Anyways, houses are extremely close in cali, so are our sidewalks. Is it legal for me to smoke on my front yard (my grass) about a foot away from the sidewalk? What about that small grass portion near the street that is still considered my property?

Paranoia, where would we be w/o it?

:smoking:

13. how can you get in trouble if u do it on ur front porch? just smoke a blunt or a bowl or wateva. u finished and thats it. by the time popo comes what r they gonna find???????? lol

14. Actually, if I remember correctly, you can only smoke on your own property "discreetly", meaning not in the open. I'm sure smoking on your porch isn't a big deal, but smoking in public will get you a fine/citation most likely.

Even with the proposed legalization laws, you'd have to wait and smoke in your own house and not in public. It's a very, very stupid law in my opinion.

15. HCL is right.

It is "legal" in CA but only in your own home. Thats not to say you cant smoke outside, but technically a cop CAN issue you a citation and take your stash. Likely wont if you have your rec but none the less you can be cited for public intoxication.

I smoke if needed wherever i go, Im willing to take the chance of a ticket. I would be to concerned about it, but I deffinately wouldnt fire up right in front of a cop!!!!

16. California NORML

17. im pretty sure you can smoke on your porch, it is your property and its not like anyone is gonna call the cops on you in socal for smoking on your porch.

18. This is what i'm talking about. Who gets to determine if your "discreet" location is actually "discreet". What if i'm at a public park and find a nice spot where i'm not in the open and get "busted."

I will not be in the open or near people when smoking, execpt my front yard. This thread is kind of proving that it's not a good idea but we don't really even know...

Does anyone with a Medical Marijuana Card have any experiece with smoking and getting "Busted" by a cop?

19. yes I have.....twice....
    1st I was at Ocean Beach in SF. While I was smoking the SFPD approached me asked if I had a perscription, I showed him my SB420 card, he asked to see how much I had on me (1/8), he said Your friends arent using this medicine are they? I said "no" he said thank you have a great evening.

2nd just last month I was stopped at a park in norcal I had just got done with a joint and had about a gram on me left. LEO approached me with the "FREEZE, GET YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR" He smelled the pot ONLY! searched me and my buddy, he found my gram and took it. I told him it was only me medicating and I have my card, He looked at me and said, "Im not an idiot, I know you were smoking with him, You can let it go or I can arrest you for distributing medical cannibus illegally.

I said sorry officer, may we leave now???

So it really depends on the LEO, They do what they want.

What sucks is, if they do take your shit, who wants to go to the police station and ask for the pot back? Just to leave the precinct and get pulled over .5 miles down the road!!!

Fuck that, not I!!!!!

20. FWIW most public parks are no-smoking zones anyway, at least the ones with playgrounds in them.