can i marinate steak in the fridge for 24 hours?

Discussion in 'General' started by Boson-H, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Uncovered on a plate? Or will it go bad? I ask cause i marinated a ny strip for about 2 hours and then pan seared it and put her in the oven for a few...came out a bit more done then i wanted was hoping for med rare but it was SO juicy and SO tasty oh my god it was the first time i pan seared anything mission success

2. You can marinate for 24 hours for sure but I would do it in a sealed container.

3. Go for it. Don't forget the salt and pepper.

4. itll be tender mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

5. You can for sure but just like under a honeymoon said make sure its in some sort of container. I use those zip lock freezer bags actually then you can just throw it away and no cleanup. Oh and a little trick for searing/grilling steak, take it out of the fridge before you cook it and let it come down to room temp before you add it to the heat. You'll get a better sear and more tender meat.

6. a good steak shouldn't be marinated. just a bit of salt and pepper and a light sear on both sides... perfect.

its its flank steak or something definitely marinate

7. good idea. it should help lock in the flavors a bit more too, right? it'll all be confined to an airtight space. and oh yeah, definitely let it come down to room temp. i let it get close lol got impatient.

only steak i wouldnt marinate is a filet. but new york strip with a good worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder...oh god. incredible.

8. I use a ziplock and throw them in the fridge overnight, i wouldnt leave it open--

I once saw this commercial that said "air is the enemy of freshness" -- so true

9. You can generally leave it in the fridge for up to 3 days before you cook it, although I've had my best success with two days, but make sure its covered up somehow

10. it'll be fine. i do it all the time.

even if you left it out, outside of the fridge over night it would still be fine to eat depending on how you cook it.