Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I make Hash with kief?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by EastCoastSwag, Sep 6, 2012.

1. I got a small amount and got a nice amount of bud I can still grind up. So can I make kief out of it?

(sorry for grammar or spelling i'm baked)

2. kief is sift hash essentially lol. You can make it into different forms of hash though, definitely.

3. Awesome! I'm going to get enough for a pipe fill of kief :D!

4. Pack the kief tightly in a plastic cigarette wrapper (the ones that come on the packs), wrap that in newspaper and soak it in hot water (make sure your kief is sealed off, don't wanna get that wet!). Next, put your kief packet into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 mins. Then, put it in your freezer for a couple minuets to let it harden and voila, you've got hashish.

5. 1.)Put Kief in cig. wrapper
    2.)seal the wrapper together using lighter
    3.)wrap sealed up kief with a damp wash cloth
    4.)use whatever you got to flatten it, Weights(dumbells, etc.) or table vice grip, just do whatever you can to flatten it.
    5.)THIS IS ALL OVER THE WEB AND YOU FELT THE NEED TO MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT!...THEFUCK?!?!?!

6. use parchment paper, much friendlier and easier to deal with, dont use 350 degrees, use something closer too 300 or lower... 315F is THC's boiling point, and you dont want to exceed it when making hash.

7. DONT PUT IT IN THE FUCKING OVEN! WTF WHY WOULD YOU GUYS TELL HIM TO DO THAT SHIT?

Im not even bullshitting I explained the proper way to do it, use google and maybe you would learn something besides reading the bullshit that is posted on this forum 75% of the time.

8. Hell yeah you can. Easiest way to do it is with kief!

9. Love reading froz3ns posts, it is lik he is constantly raging

10. Lol i already explained in my post that there are temps that are ok and temps that arent. Like i said, THC will evporate at 315F, i would never put kief in an oven above 200 degrees, but you can for short times to soften it for pressing

Dont flip out about shit that is completely harmless, especially when you make a claim its bullshit when you dont actually know if it is lol unless you were being sarcastic however it doesnt seem like you were.

I guess you have never heard of heat treating hash oil for purging and texture changing reasons hahahahhahah, i know kief is different, but we are taking maybe 10 mins in an oven, thats not much time, air is a pretty shitty conductor of heat

11. Why use a damp cloth just to compress the hash? You are mixing your sources, the damp cloth trick is used for putting the kief in the oven. It's highly unnecessary for pressing kief.

Smoke a joint bro, you're being way uptight. Not to mention Sirsog is very knowledgable on the hash community.

12. lol yea, the oven is completely optional, however it makes a much more waxy press than just pressure alone can, unless you pop that shit under a car tire over night or some shit lol....

And generally, with less effort, heat produces a much more malleable product. When i make press i dont want it crumbling back into kief when i try and break it down or move it and shit. Heat makes that a lot easier to do than just pressure.

Either way works is the point, dunno why froz3n flipped out hahahahaha

13. That's how you make pure hashish...so yea :smoke: