Can I make a trellis netting from tube leds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The One True Newton, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Do you believe that i could make a net from led tube lights that would hold my plants up as well as supply a little extra light to the the lower plants or is it a waist of time? What color light would you use? Does it make sense to try it out, I want the plants and the leaves to be possibly touching it and I figure they are so weak powered it wouldn't burn the plants but is it worth the effort.

2. As a reference I mean these:

Attached Files:

3. post a pic or plan

but I can't see any extreme yield here

good luck

4. Fast really very fast ...lol

IMO avoid

5. It's not the only lights I intend to use. I have some really strong leds already, 2 "1200" watt Viper Spectra, as well as 10 or 15 "300" watt Rolando full spectrum leds. My question was more or less do you think I could fashion these strings into a net shape and hold my plants up with it while providing light to my lower canopy a little. Not planning to grow with thm, just curious if it would effect yield slightly. Each strip is I think 50 watts, figure 4 strips to make the net, that's 200 watts of extra power. If I manage the time I will try it and post pictures.

6. #6 The One True Newton, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    This is my bud btw. Starkiller

Attached Files:

7. They wouldn't be a usable light for the plant and may put off enough heat to damage the plant since they'll be in direct contact.

• Like Like x 1
  8. No way in hell would they put off enough heat to hurt a plant, plastic tubing meaning they wouldn’t get past 40 degrees at the most! And even then very much doubt that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Food for thought... leaves have very little photosynthesis (light absorption) on the bottom, something like less than 20% of the top of the leaf.. so of this is to give light to the bottoms of the leaves it's pointless.

10. Keep in mind the plant can only utilize so much light. From the sounds of it, you already have enough lighting on top.

Keep it simple, good plant training will give you better results.

11. All good points, I am gonna try it on a single plant I think, make it a little cage to grow through, I do have plenty of light, literally 3 breakers pushed to their limits but it never seems like enough to me. I mean the sun man! It's so bright it is unbelievable.

12. The meatiest plant I have ever seen or grown personally were outdoors and at no point in the day did it get shaded out. I have a lot of air flow, I believe 1400 cfm. But I am betting they can always use more light. The idea came from a friend. The day after he took his Christmas lights off his pine tree indoors it died the next day, I think low powered lights in close proximity could have some healthy benefits.

13. 3 breakers pushed to their limits is a recipe for problems. You should only run 80% of what a breaker is rated for.

14. Waste of time, money and electricity.

PW