Can I LST in flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Aeros, Oct 14, 2017.

1. #1 Aeros, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Okay so I turned my lights to 12 and 12 9 days ago and my blue dreams are stretching towards the lights which are at their highest point what I need to do is get the tops away from the light (heat) so they don't get burned is it okay too low stress train during flower and if so how far into flower can I continue to LST? My current setup is a 5 by 10 by 7 grow tent with two vented 1000 watt HPS, portable AC, dehumidifier and carbon filter 20 in shop fan and 16 inch oscillating fan I have Hydrofarm plant yo-yos and plan to use them to try and pull the colas back towards the ground as they grow does this sound like a good idea?

Ambient temp in tent is 79 with lights on and 71 with them off but is much hotter directly under the light i dont have a temperature gun to check temp of actual leaf but with about 6-7 weeks left i need to do something.

2. Yes i lst or scrog well into flower 2-3 weeks in depending in requirements

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tie down the tallest parts of the plant

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thanks for the info i have been bringing them down slowly for about a week now

Sent from my LGMS550 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I do it all the time with no ill effect. Just don’t break off any of those sweet Sweet nodes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. For sure man
    The answer is right in the name... low stress!
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. I supercrop in flower up to about week 3-4 if the buds get too tall.

9. kink/bend the stem?

10. I have been reading a lot that light stress during flower really boosts trichome production along with proper de-foliation

11. Yes. I've had tops shoot up too high and get too close to the light. Supercropping takes care of them and actually increases bud production because much more light gets to lower bud sides. After a week the bends heal and the stem is stronger then ever at that spot.
    Super Cropping Marijuana: Simple Secret to Bigger Yields | Grow Weed Easy

I used to LST and I got tired of string everywhere. You can do the same thing with supercropping but it's much easier.

12. Yes, up til like week 3-4 I wouldn't touch them after that tho. By the 4th week they have stopped stretching an just working on flowers at that point.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1