can i just take some seeds and put them anywhere?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NFloyd2357, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Terrible question, I know... But i have some spare seeds that i've gotten just from buying lots of mids this winter... can i just germinate the seeds, put them in the ground, and leave them be for a while, and come back and have some weed lol? i'ver never grown any plant in my life, nevermind weed, so i really dont know what to do. I cant do this inside, only out, and probably would have to be in the woods somewhere, or on the border of woods and my backyard, so i dk if itd get sun. does it need extra attention after planting the seeds?

2. weed is a very demanding plant, however depending on how often it rains you could stop looking after it after about a month and i would stand a chance of survival.=. it is a plant after all and if you look around there are plenty of plants growing without anyones special attention, but if you dont check them often enough you wont catch out the males in time and you'll end up with seedy buds. also, with out proper attention, you will not get a very good quality smoke or very much of it. but considering the amount of effort put in it would balance out

3. furis' right. It'd be a good idea (if you went through with this) to note daytime hours (easily looked up on your areas weather websites) and when its around 13 hours of light, 11 hours of dark check them for signs of sex and if you see males, chopp em.

But yea marijuana is A weed, so it'll grow in pretty much any condition...if you come back to it one day and notice yellowing thats normal for a plant that hasnt received any nitrogen, so give it some fertiliser (really simple way for free nitrogen, as sick as it sounds, is piss in a bottle and mix it with water. Urines really high in nitrogen!! Dont make it too strong though)

...Finally though, if you want to see proof that growing without any effort can be done, i'll take a pic and upload it of a plant that grew after i threw away a stray seed in another part of my garden, it's really healthy,bushy and buds are looking very nice

4. Here are some pics to prove it can be done. I'm in New Zealand so we have rain every once or twice a week which helps. Notice even this plant hasn't yellowed at all!, might be because of the strain, it is a very good one - BlueBerry x Northern Lights hybrid. Buds are about 2 1/2 weeks into flowering

To compare size, that metal pole next to it is approx 3ft tall...

My guess is I get atleast 1oz of dry nug from this plant alone...remember, i didnt top,FIM,LST,fertilise or even water it once!!

Attached Files:

5. Id love to grow like that s12......but my wife wont let me put them near the huse so im desiganted to the woods. My area wont be warm enough for about 2 weeks but ill have about 2 dozen plants scatterd about my 100acre heavily wooded plot, cant wait to post pics