Can I induce flowering on an auto?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by JBG123, Apr 3, 2017.

1. She's so big n I would be quite happy for her to flower right now but she just doesn't want to, she's also a lot older than she should be?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. No. Light cycles on an auto don't really matter (although you should be consistent to not risk stressing the plant). They flower based on how long they are alive not on a change in light cycles. You just have to wait. Next time use smaller pots if you're gonna run that same strain again and want a smaller plant.

What light cycle have u been running and how long has it been going for? Also (just curious) what strain?

3. its weird its not started to flower yet at that size of plant ,,,autos usually start going in to flowering at around 3 weeks vegging under 18/6 ...that plant looks like its an ordenary female plant showing pre flowers so if youve got her 18/6 or 24/0 vegging knock the light down to 12/12 and she should soon start flowering ..mac,,

4. The strains cheese, it's actually a free seed I got with my order but she's growing like crazy I might change her to 12/12 she was on 18/6, she looks like a normal flower not even an auto lol

5. Hmm do u know the size of the pots you're using? And maybe they screwed up and didn't actually give you an auto?

6. Maybe maybe it was from originalseeds.com I think it's either 10g or 15g

7. Yeah maybe try like a 5 gallon next if u want them smaller

8. To be honest these size is good, I just don't wanna have to go out and buy bud that's half the quality when I've got this growing it's just it's taking so long lol

9. You sure those are 10/15g pots? Think about it like this are they 2 or 3 times the size of a 5 gallon bucket?

Anyways....it is not super uncommon to get an auto flower plant that is not so "auto". For example a number of growers including myself had an issue were some auto flower seeds from Nirvana did not go into auto mode due to being an unstable strain. I had to flip to 12/12 to get them to flower. I was not set up to deal with a light schedule sensitive plant so they were tossed. Your plant may very well have a genetic hiccup as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. flip to 12. not autoing

11. Toss the autos and grow normal photo strains....that put YOU in control of the plant and not the other way around. Too many "ifs" with the auto strains and I don't like the genetics of a plant being in charge. TWW

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I agree with Widow up top. When I started out it was with Autos (Like most people for silly reasons). I have had the SAME exact issue where 4 of my ladies never flipped. I ended up just removing them all together as space became an issue.

If you want to try to induce it, try to cut down it's N nutes and try to flip the lights. See what happens, I have heard of people keeping their autos in veg state while giving it mostly just nitrogen.

But yeah again, if you want full control and to be able to get dialed in and see how well you do every time? Go with the photoperiod seeds next time. This way you can even learn to clone and stop having to buy seeds. Even make your own seeds. O and you save on your power bill :p

13. The Widow White you should start growing autos. That way you can actually have a crop that yields something for you unlike what you are growing now.

I do enjoy how you talk a lot of negativity towards autoflower strains and in most of your posts you love to talk down about LEDS. Funny thing is you have never grown autos nor used LEDS. So I ask again how do you give out advice about something you have ZERO working knowledge of?

SO while you are busy telling the OP here to "toss the autos" I will tell you to just go ahead and toss your photoperiod plants becasue if all you are getting is a few oz per plant from under 1,000 of HID clearly your genetics you are using a flawed.