Can I identify whether my plant is indica or sativa(pictures)?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by weinermobile33, Aug 8, 2009.

1. I have 2 pictures of 2 separate plants leaves. They are both seeds from a random bag I bought that I decided to grow along with my other legitimate seeds. obviously because they are random seeds, I cant identify whether or not they are indica or sativa yet. I was wondering if the way the leaves looked was enough to classify them? Indica - fat and shorter, sativa - long and skinny.

potleaf1.jpg

potleaf2.jpg

2. ur right

3. Are there any other indicators for indica/sativa?

4. indica all the way...stavia's leaves are more skinny and droppy looking

5. Pic 1 looks indica or indica dominant and pic 2 looks like it's more sativa dominant.

6. Indicas will also have a shorter flowering time than the sativas

7. First one is indica, second looks sativa. Maybe two different phenotypes from a bag seed. One parent was sativa, one parent was indica, your two plants are expressing each parent, rather than a mixture of the two.

leaves look healthy, Keep up the good work :)

8. thanks guys. I planted real late in the year. i planted around mid-late june. do you think it will be ok?

9. Agreed. Second is a sativa or a sativa dominant.

10. The indica should be fine, the sativa may or may not be the greatest, but it should do fine (this all depends on where you live). Sativas tend to thrive in warmer climates, which is why it can go either way. Some haze strains can take 3-4 months to flower, let's hope you don't have one, although they kick ass when they are finished completely.

11. #11 ImTheJoker4u2, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009
    Depends on where you are. If you're in a warmer climate where the growing season is extended - you might be OK, but the plants are going to be small, and the yield will be even smaller, if growing out doors. Pretty much as soon as they sprout, the days are getting shorter. Instead of having 3 months before 12/12 light, it only gets 1 - 1, 1/2. Therefore the plant goes into flowering, before getting to its full potential vegetative growth. If its an indoor crop, light, temp, humidity, are controlled, so the time of year is irrelivant.:smoking:
    Basically the longer you can force vegitative growth, the bigger the yeilds:cool:

12. Its an outdoor crop, and if it helps, this is mildly experimental. My first grow. Next year Ill plan things out a little better.

13. My buddy got a 1/4 of some killer when I lived in miami. It was about may. Out of the 1/4 we got 3 seeds. Out of the 3 seeds, 2 germinated. Out of the 2 that germinated, only one survived. Fast foward 3 months. Theres a healthy bush growing behind my grill. Its a beautiful afternoon. I got the windows open, the tunes jamming. BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG. Its the cops:eek: I open the door and my (illegal) pit bull runs out and straight to the grill to push over the bush. The cops and I conversate about keeping my tunes down, what kind of dog that is, ect, as I regain control of my narc dog. All the while staring at my obvious cannibis bush peeking out from behind my grill. They leave and I start sweatin. I hide everything in the house, and pull her:( Saddest part is, they never came back:(

LESSON:
    Keep A Low Profile:)

14. LOL I live near miami so I know exactly what your talking about wit the pit bull ban and how strict these fuckers are on grow houses florida is the strictest state in the US on penalties for grow houses cuz we are number one for grow houses which doesn't make sense since its illegal here I dunno how that worked out but lol its true according to the news and feds anyways keep up the work man and by the way a lil side note if florida became a legal state it would be awesome I could finally grow outdoors and take advantage of our 12/12 almost year round and I know that will makes all these cali folks mighty jealous but till then I'm jealous of them lol