Can I harvest yet? Day 70 12/12 from seed!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmokeyMcDank, Apr 27, 2012.

1. Well this is my first grow! 12/12 from seed day 70. I had really bad nute burn on the top cola leaves so I just trimmed the leaves off. Some of the leaves have a slight wierd coloration.

Does my bud look good and safe to smoke? Also can I harvest now?

I am really broke and dont have any money to buy a magnifying glass to look at the trichomes!

I have been feeding only water the last 10 days

Heres some pics

Does she look like some good clean safe smoke? Sorry this is my first grow and I am just very paranoid that for some reason its not right!

Attached Files:

2. its up to you man, whenever you think its ready, it looks good but yoou never know. but i was wonderin how many lights your using? wattage and what kind? i can see its cfl but more info on this grow would be cool im trying to do the same thing.

3. I am using 4 24watts and 2 40 watts!

4. id let ir sride out a couple more days

5. Ya Ill probably do that. Should I give it a good 48 hour dark period before I harvest?

6. I'd say at least a week or two. Looks dank, just immature yet.

7. #7 Just_X, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    ^^^what dreamer said...at least one more week. Those buds look super, like some meaty nugs.

I'd try the 48 hr lights out. Supposedly you get a final burst of resin production.

8. #8 Ajd0003, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
    That is one chunky ass bitch

Good work I would run it a little longer 85% red hairs is the general rule of thumb unless u have a microscope to look at the crystal color

and yes 48 hours of darkness before harvest will increase resin production

9. How does the general plant look? If you look closely at some of the leaves alot of wierd brown spots. I also had a couple leaves with powdery mildew on them like 1 spot a little smaller then a dime on like 3 of the leaves. Will my buds still be ok to smoke?

10. Thanks alot! It is my VERY first attempt at a grow. Although the plant is only like 10 inches high by the way it looks should be almost 10g dried!

I just want to make sure it is gonna be safe to smoke as to my leaves were VERY burnt until I trimmed them off and a couple other leaves with weird brown spots.

11. I dont know. Have you ever heard about research, a loupe, or reading Books
    b4 u ask a question that has been asked a 1000x on here. Come on, man!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wow, that stuff looks Dank!!! Good job man!!!!!!!! I would let it go a fewo more days. And I would also cut all the leaves off right now too so u can have to when u cut her down In a few days. But good job, looks dank. She dosnt look like she's ready to die yet though.

13. It looks great to smoke, yes some of the leaves look like they have seen better days but they get trimmed off anyways and as for the mildew/mold problem I see no signs of that but if u are noticing it remove it immediately and keep an eye out for it so it does not ruin ur entire crop

14. See I am not 100% sure its powdery mildew its white and powdery but could it be dried up nutes the accidently hit the leaf as i poured it?

15. Trust me, u don't have it.

16. Thats what Im hoping. I know bigger fatter nugs have a higher chance of developing mold/fungus. For the most part all the main fan leaves look great, some of the leaves coming out of the bud dont look so great but about 80% of all the leaves look fine

17. !!So everything looks good??!?

18. Now I dont know if this is bad but I have done this whole grow without knowing my humidy levels!! Thats why I am worried if my buds will be ok to smoke. I am seriously freaking out thinking I am gonna get sick from it something just doesnt feel right with all those brown leaves. Although about 90% of the leaves are nice and green

19. Its hard to gain a perspective of the overall size of your plant; from some angles I'd guess about ten to 12 inches from soil. I have around 30 plants in my current grow started from seed Dec 29 and switched to 12/12 on Feb 28; they range from one that is only three inches tall to one that would be close to 40 inches if it weren't twisted through my scrog. I'm impressed with how well filled out yours is and am going with 12/12 from seed on my second attempt.
    I'm still not ready to chop mine yet, but since there are so many I plan on doing it incrementally and filling in the open space with sprouts already working.

Attached Files:

20. Hahaha that little plant is awesome and how's the heat in ur grow room Caus the plant in the second pic looks like its having some heat issues