Can i Grow with this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ice_lander, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Hi growers i`m a begginer and i have a question about my lights..so here it is...I have these blubs but i don`t know is it MH or is Other shit so can you tell me can i grow Veg. with them ONLY I KNOW IT`S 500W & 1000W blubs...this on the pics are 500w but i have another 1000w of this but i don`t know can i grow with them so please help :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I'm not 100% but that looks like a Metal Halide so it would be good for vegging but not flowering

but do you know how old it is - bulbs only have a certain life so it might be worth investing in a new HPS or you might get bad results

3. #3 ice_lander, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    It`s may be 7-8 years old blubs but they are NOT used and they were packed good...so i`ll buy a HPS for the flow but i wanted to know what kind are these blubs couse i have over 10 of them from my grandpa and course are free :) so who is better these or flourescent for veg couse if the flour. is better than these i`ll buy them - no problem

4. if they're MH then they are perfect for vegging - dont bother with CFL's if you already have those

give them a go with some bagseed and see what happens

5. #5 ice_lander, Apr 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
    yeah that`s i want to know are they MH or not and noOne exept you can`t tell me,but you aren`t 100% sure ...so i must know other important thing.. am i need a ballast for this and if the ballast is 400W can he work with HPS too or i must buy a special ballast for HPS

6. Please anyone help me couse i don`t want to blow my all garden :(

7. Im not 100% sure, BUT if I were you I would eat that pear b4 it gets too mushy. Nothing like a nice dry mushy pear to really fuck up snack time.:eek:

8. dude - I think we'd all love to help but it's difficult to be sure what they are - they look really old for a start - there's no markings on them or a manufacturers name so I can't even look up what they are - did they come in a box - is there anything written on the boxes?

does your grandpa know what they are - he bought them originally so he should know?

9. first of all my grandpa is dead from 3 years ago i can`t ask him but in the blubs is writen - 500W-250V and 1000W - 250V they were in a box but just a pack nothing is written on the boxes only this in the blubs