Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I grow with this?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pat420swed, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Can I grow with this light? I found it in an old barn, it screws into a regular sized socket, I just need to know if it's an mh hps or just a incandescent light cuz I know that an incandescent bulb won't work for growing

2. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what light

3. I dont think so but dont quote me on this

4. that is a high wattage incandescent bulb, you can see the filament in the glass. HPS and MH lights require ballasts to control voltage and current in order to operate and will have a discharge tube inside the glass that looks like a flattened piece of plastic.

5. So it's a no go?

6. [quote name='"nop"']that is a high wattage incandescent bulb, you can see the filament in the glass. HPS and MH lights require ballasts to control voltage and current in order to operate and will have a discharge tube inside the glass that looks like a flattened piece of plastic.[/quote]

This is what i thought because i saw the filament but didnt know all the exacts

7. Yeah I would just use a tried and true conventional method. I would recommend fabbing up a CFL system before attempting to use that. If you want to go HPS/MH, you're really better (and safer) off buying one.

8. no, u cant grow with that.....u can probably use it for ur seedlings, im assuming that bulb doesnt get too hot...once the sprout pops out of the soil id make a home depot run....they have a GREAT deal on 4 PERFECT FOR GROWING cfl bulbs.....i cant remember the brand but they are advertising them hard in my area they may be in the front of the store......they were like $18 for 8 of them.....i would do that broski...good luck.....oh and if u cant figur it out on ur own....go to home depot, buy the bulbs, get 8 "outlet to socket" adapters, get a few power surge strips, and set ur shit up how u want......its fun :D......atm i have 16 of those bulbs on one 40 day old plant....why 16 bulbs? cuz i have them ALL over the place and none of them are within 12 inches of the plant...every single part of the plant is getting light, imo, a perfect setup for this stage......
    dont forget, if u do veg a plant, u gotta flower it, which means ur gonna need new bulbs (around 2700k)...
    good luck homie