can i grow pot in an indoor herb garden?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by holysmokes, Nov 30, 2008.

1. i was looking through a random catalogue the other day, and i came across an indoor herb garden for $150. its not hydro, i belive its whats called "airoponic" or something similar, it works by letting the roots dangle and spraying them with water and nutrients. anyway u can set the timers 4 all sorts of different light cycles, its got both types of lights and it can extend to 23 inches tall. it sounds pretty well put together, and a friend of mine has has one he uses to grow tomatoes, and he has nothing but praise for it (except 4 how much the bulbs cost to replace). im wondering if i could grow a personal marijuana crop in it. i dont care if i dont get eight pounds in one harvest, but it would be a waste of money if i got less than an ounce and a half (and an even bigger waste if it killed all my plants). i should add that ive never grown before. does any body have any expirence growing in some thing like this, and if so how did it turn out??

EDIT: i just looked and its called the AeroGarden indoor garden kit, in the livescience store catalogue

2. do a search on it. other ppl have already asked if it would work. and high times did a article about it. They said it worked ok for growing clones but its not good from growing from seed.

3. i dont know a whole lot yet. But i do know a friend of mine used one and produced around an ounce of dried weed. If you do the right things with them you can make a lot happend, and this is from seed not clone. (heard they're even better for cloning though)

4. I am currently doing a gorw in the aerogarden. My grandma (serious) had gotten the one that was like 220 dollars and didnt want it, so she gave it to me. I am following what a fellow gc member did and am growing autoflowering lowryder ak47. So far my plants are looking good, about 4 weeks in. I think the most yield I saw from this particular strain on an aerogarden was 2 ounces a plant, Im growing 3 plants, but I am also using some side cfls, so im hoping for a total yield of 6 oz.

5. nice good luck

see you can do it. but for cheaper you could prob build a grow setup that would produce more

6. oh you can most certainly do it for much cheaper, however, I am too lazy, and it was the perfect beginner setup. Pretty much fool-proof. So to the op, yes it can be done, search Aerogarden for all the grow logs and what not.