can i grow it here?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cfisette, Dec 5, 2009.

1. hi, i'm an absolute beginner at growing.....I'm going to start growing within a few weeks though. seeing as it's winter, reason says grow indoors. that much i know. I want to grow in a storage unit though...a standard 4ft wide, 6ft high, 10ft deep storage unit. is this possible? i've already thought about how do power everything, I have a bunch of car batteries at my house that i'm going to repeatedly charge every couple of days, and hook them up to an AC inverter in the storage unit then just plug everything in from there. I just want to know what everyones' opinions are about growing in a storage unit...too risky? does/doesn't it work well? thanks!

2. Is it a public unit? Or would you rent one and use it at your house?

How would you keep the temperatures normal? What about light escaping? Or the smell?

Many many things to consider with something like this.

3. car batteries? for reelz? :rolleyes:

4. How private is that storage unit? Be careful, real careful.

5. It's a terrible idea.....the smell will be a dead giveaway for starters, and powering your lights with car batteries is not going to be sustainable. Someone walking by the unit at night will see light leaks and start scratching their head........I don't want to rain on your parade, but seriously dude.......you should re-think your grow plan.

As a new grower, do some serious research from the comprehensive data base available here at GC. You would be better served building a DIY grow box from one of the many tutorials here and starting at home in your closet.

I would hate to see one of my grower brethren get busted for something stupid.....

Good Luck bro....

6. thanks for the replies! that's exactly the reason i posted here lol, to learn this kinda stuff.

public unit? yes. the facility i have in mind is 24-hour, outside access. (meaning you can drive your car right up to the unit) and it actually has no video surveillance, i looked around for a solid few minutes. and it's not staffed except for normal business hours either. getting a PODS (portable on demand storage, for those of you that don't know) unit at my house wouldn't exactly be convenient nor cosmetically acceptable....my homeowners' association would shit a brick and probably slap me with a huge fine for some rule i never knew existed.

and car batteries are actually sustainable, if i did my math right! the best of the best of car batteries, should last about 18hrs (from a single, fully-charged battery) of CONTINUOUS on-time for a 200w flourescent lamp. so that means one battery a day. not bad. it's convenient because the storage facility I have in mind is not far from my house (less than half a mile). and as for the leakage of LIGHT, i was thinking lay some towels down on the line/under the line of where the rolling door will come down on. that should be enough to block light....as far as air and temps, that does complicate things. suggestions? or is this simply next to impossible to perfect. it seems like my main issue would be the air flow/temp.....

another question: how strong is the smell of pot while its growing? i know my bud, just not much about it while it's still on a plant lol. either way, wouldn't a carbon filter in an air purifier work well to counter this?

thanks!:D

7. Even if you managed to keep the lights on and hidden. And managed to keep the temps and humidity good. And got everything perfect. That shit would still smell to high heaven when it budded.

Also a battery a day? That sounds like quite a lot for a 2-3 month grow.

This is a very bad idea and I hope you reconsider.

8. i would really like to get some kind of grow box to have at my house, but seeing as i'm only 18 (live with mom still) there's a small complication. I have plenty of money to buy even the pre-made ones, finance isn't an issue. My mom is a cop...detective, rather; she works with the DEA very frequently in busting grow-houses in the area........so she's no stranger to pot. She can probably smell the shit from a mile away. So how I see it, is there's no real way for me to do it at my home.

9. I think you might be okay if you built a grow box, and put that inside the storage facility. (just something to keep in light and smell.) And stacked shit in-front of it just in case someone that works at the storage place or anyone else, accidentally (or purposely) opens your storage space facility, they wont see it without looking around inside.:smoking:

BE. CARFUL.

If you do decide to grow, the number 1 rule is, DO NOT TELL ANYONE. Even your bestfriend! If they have another friend they hang out with alot, DO NOT SAY A WORD. Stuff like that spreads fast if anyone else except you know about it. And thats the last thing you want to worry about is people trying to break into your storage unit because they heard someone is growing in one of the units in your storage facility.

10. :eek: :hide: Dude....wait until you move out of the house.

11. Let me try to be gentle with my response...I don't want to hurt your feelings....YOU WILL GET CAUGHT.

NEVER grow on any property but your own. Not your parents....not your buddy's who lives with his parent's house....not a (LOLOLOL) public storage unit. Bro you are 18 now...no more tickets and citations...you go to BIG BOY jail. Use your brain and wait till you move out.

P.S. -- Remember that apartments and rental properties aren't really safe either. I have a buddy who lived in a nice luxury apartment complex (years ago)....and like ALL multi-unit rental properties, they were required to have an inspection (structure, sprinklers) by the Fire Department. He wasn't growing but had a grow tent and light stored in his attached garage. One day out of the blue his place was inspected. Now nothing was said but you'd have to be an idiot not to know what the equipment was for. If he had been in full flower, he would have been fucked.

12. OMG, not to mention when you DO get caught the wrath your mom will get...dont do this, if money isnt a problem, buy small quantities to smoke, you are playing with fire, your lack of financial problems will come to an end if you get busted, not to mention your mom's career.....dont be selfish and stupid...dont do this. (and this is coming from a 'mom' who loves to toke and grow)