Can I grow in this setup super noob

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by The One Prophet, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Screenshot_20180914-203659_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20180914-203623_eBay.jpg
    So this is the stuff I'm looking at buying dont be to rough on me I dont have a lot of money at the moment also i was thinking of putting a 5500k on a splitter with the 6400k help and ideas would be super helpful thanks guys.lights are currently my biggest problem I dont want it to be under lit also the tent is 1.5m x 1.5m x2m how many plants would i fit in there all help and info would be super helpful

2. It could certainly be used. There isn’t a whole lot of information there about the lights though how many true watts of cfl’s and how many true watts of led’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. You could go cheaper by buying the closet seperate and probably bigger for about 100 bucks us. And the lights with fan combo from amazon for about 175 maybe 200 Bucks us. Get some nutes with the leftovers

4. Spend as much as you can on good lights or you will be upgrading with your first disappointing harvest. The lights in that kit are no good. Might veg a seedling with the cfls but the LEDs are garbage. Read up on quantum board, COB LED, CMH, and HID lighting and their pros and cons.

5. Screenshot_20180921-083205_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20180921-083153_Samsung Internet.jpg
    So I'm now looking at keeping the same tent/vents but these lights and for this tent how many lights would I put in and how many plants would I fit in one tent

6. Forgot to tag

7. Wattage wise, you would need 3 of those lights. But again, they are not the best quality.

8. Any recommendations on lights I'm on a $800 budget for my whole set up

9. If you have that much to spend you shouldn't be looking at CFLs and shitty LEDs. There are a lot better LEDs out there that you can afford Or go with a straight up HPS light. Air cooled 1000w with dimmable ballast would go well in that size tent and can give you well over a pound of bud every few months

10. Screenshot_20180921-145533_eBay.jpg Screenshot_20180921-145546_eBay.jpg 20180921_153522.jpg
    Ok did a heap more research is this looking a bit better

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Is there anything else you would recommend if I buy this exact setup

12. WWW.HORTICULTURALLIGHTINGGROUP [​IMG]Top of the line, plug and play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

13. I see no cal mag listed. I’d suggest you pick some up as it’s good to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I got a PC grow, got it under 100$, 72 Watts. Pc box setups good for budget grows as the place is already small. If you want to grow in a tent, you should buy a bulkier light, not a 100W. You got as much weed, as you spend on it. 100W will get you 50g dry, 1000W will get you 500g dry. Roughly. I say you should gather a little more money, or make a DIY led light, as they are cheaper. I suggest you stay with LEDs as they are fairly cheap and compact. I got Led strips 3:1 red blue for veg and 5:1 for flower. 72W yield me around 20g int this box. Training is a must with these boxes, but if you buy a bigger tent you should go for a scrog setup with ufo lights. Its worth your money. Ventilation is a big thing too, as you will get heat issues. Pro kit costs a lot of money. More light more heat, more money overall. I suggest go for really small tent or a PC, or a closet grow.

15. I got a PC grow, got it under 100$, 72 Watts. Pc box setups good for budget grows as the place is already small. If you want to grow in a tent, you should buy a bulkier light, not a 100W. You got as much weed, as you spend on it. 100W will get you 50g dry, 1000W will get you 500g dry. Roughly. I say you should gather a little more money, or make a DIY led light, as they are cheaper. I suggest you stay with LEDs as they are fairly cheap and compact. I got Led strips 3:1 red blue for veg and 5:1 for flower. 72W yield me around 20g int this box. Training is a must with these boxes, but if you buy a bigger tent you should go for a scrog setup with ufo lights. Its worth your money. Ventilation is a big thing too, as you will get heat issues. Pro kit costs a lot of money. More light more heat, more money overall. I suggest go for really small tent or a PC, or a closet grow.

16. That looks much better.
    It might be worth buying a cheap LED to use in the first few weeks instead of using a MH bulb. MH gives off a ton of heat, but if the ballast is dimmable it's not a bad option. But if you did get a small LED you can run it when flowering for a bit of extra light and will help with stretching. I used to use a 150w LED and 600w HPS in one of my 4'x3' tents and it worked really well

[​IMG]