Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I go to a dispensary right after getting my medical marijuana card?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Regus, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Tomorrow I will be getting a MMJ card. I plan on going to a dispensary directly after getting the card.

My question is, is there some sort of network they search to see if I am a legit holder of a MMJ card? Or do I just show them my card/ papers and im good to go? 

It seems if they check electronically, it may take a day or more for myself to be registered in the system. But if they just have to check paperwork, I should be able to buy mj directly after getting the card.

Any blades know how the system works? Thanks

2. Ya man your good on the first day. A lot of Dr's have a club nearby that they advertise for. Go celebrate your new freedom and go shopping :D

3. I would assume that when they give you the card, you'd be "registered" electronically if that's what they do.
    I'm pretty sure you just need the paperwork though.

4. No you have to wiat 3 months for the card to go through and then another 2 months for the dispencary to sign you up. good luck

5. It depends. In Colorado once you send off your paper work at the post office you can take your receipt and doctor paperwork and use it as a temporary card.

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. That's Like saying "can I drive the day I get my drivers license?" ,

Sent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Considering MMJ recommendations arent nearly as refined as the DMV system, I couldnt be sure

8. #8 Regus, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
    Update: I got the recommendation and was able to go to a dispensary right afterwards! Here's what I got.

IMG_0254.JPG

Got a free gram and edible for my first visit. Such nice people :)

9. Blue dream is an awesome strain. Haven't tried the others. Have fun my man. Enjoy!

10. The Ingrid strain smells like cheese and is fully covered in a fine layer of crystals. Can't wait to try all this high quality bud

11. Haha be careful with that high quality. My first time I smoked like it was Reggie and couldn't get back in my house lol

12. Luckily I used to buy only high quality, but tonight ill find out how street quality compares to dispensary quality. Ill try not to lock myself out of the house lol

13. What states do you guys have your cards? Cali Cali ova here!

14. Tell me how the blue dream tastes looks delish.

15. Ive got mine in Colorado. Man I'm jealous of cali though. My wife's aunt has her card in cali and man that shit got my blazed. I think cali def has the best mmj I've had so far.

16. Yea im in Cali too. Soo many dispensaries in my city

17. Yeah, it's a good life. A lot of southern CA dispensaries are being busted so there's a lot of online venues I'm starting to have to use. Unfortunately, it's more expensive. :(

18. Delivery services are pretty popular in norcal, are those popular in socal too? I have yet to try one but ive heard good things. Theres nothing like having weed delivered to your house

19. Yeah, they're popular. The fronts have been cracked down on recently and close down. But online delivery service is prevalent. What site do you use? I look for some on Weedmaps and recently I found this NaturesWay one that does pre-filled cartridges for vapes.

20. #20 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
    In socal this place gives you a half oz, steamroller, lighter, grinder for first time visits,  and let you spin the wheel for a purchase more than 100. So don't think you got hooked up THAT fat ;). Nice pickup tho.