Can I get to rid of these.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Quality Herbage, May 30, 2015.

1. So I have some useless growing branches in the center and bottom not doing anything really. My whole plant is full of pistols and these branches barely have one sticking out of them. I was wondering if I could snip one of these branches of like every other day to focus my energy up top. I don't want to stress or cause a hermie. So what do you think of snipping one off every other day. There's not many. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432936791.505820.jpg
    Here's the full picture ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432936834.225918.jpg

2. Clean out the fluff in the lower center if you feel like it.  It is not necessary if you have good airflow through the plant.  If you remove the small shoots you can take them all at once.  Pruning plants does not cause  plants to become hermaphroditic.

PW

3. thats inner growth, and yes you can cut them, but i wouldn't if it were you! 

You Can use them to get even more yield out of your plant
     right now they're not growing much because they're growing from the side, and most of the energy from the plant is transfered towards the lights, which explains why you're only getting growth on the top, in order to get them to grow nice full buds and colas like the one you already have, do some LST on that plant, so that way the side growth is pointed upwards towards the light and will grow just like your other colas. If you're not familiar with LST do a simple search and you'll find tons of info on it. 

4. they are LST. I stopped when I started flower but I guess I can pull some branches down a little more and out the way ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432938357.338018.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432938423.992109.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432938434.543279.jpg

5. I'd personally take that shit off so your plant can focus all its energy on the primo buds. Nice looking bushes there by the way man.

6. Sounds great guys. I'm gonna cut a couple off. Thanks for the quick replies