Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I get some help with my bong setup?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lcyStriker, Mar 2, 2013.

1. So right now I have an 8.5 inch straight tube with a grommet style bowl and downstem. All grommet holes are standard i think so I was looking at getting a grommet to glass on glass setup. They have specially made downstems for this that come with a grommet, but I was wondering if the diameter of the glass on glass downstems are the same after the joint, like the part that people measure as 4", 3" etc. Is this true?

2. #2 Yosh139, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2013
    No, there's three standard sizes. There's 14.4mm, 18.8mm, and 29.2mm. 29.2mm is generally reserved for bigger bongs, or bongs with intricate attachments, like the bubblicious bong from GlassCity. :wave:

3. I can't imagine how great a grommet bong would be. Instead of putting money into something alright (if your bong isn't so good) you should invest in a GOOD straight tube or beaker. That will be your base. Then slowly add a diffused down stem, ash catcher, etc. as you please. You end setup would be much better than a grommet to glass setup. justmy0.02$

:bongin: