Can i get some advice?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OlmUnit, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Hello Everyone,

Im really interested in growing weed. My parents are super chill with me growing a few plants in my room. This will be my first grow and i have done a fair bit of research before i begin. Anyway, I will be growing indoors, (my dad wants to grow outside, but i tell him that theres alot more that can happen to the plant). Im going CFL, bcuz i live in an apartment and i want to keep it rather inexpensive.

Anyway i have a HUGE list that i wrote down today at wal-mart. So here are some of my questions.

Lighting:
    I'm thinking of a value pack of GE CFL's (6 bulbs X 26W 1750 lumens each) - $20
    But then theres this other CFL by Enersaver ( 1 bulb X 40W 2600 lumens) - $11.38
    Both i believe are "Soft White" any idea as to which i should get?

Nutes/Ferts (w/e you want to call them)
    Is Miracle grow a bad idea? I've herd that the soil is but nothing about the nutes
    Anyway in the nute/fert area im looking at;
    MG-Ultra Bloom 15-30-15 $8
    MG- Tomato 18-18-21 $8 (just put that in my list cuz i read that weed grows in the same soil base as tomato's)
    Plant Prod - All purpose Fert- 20-20-20
    " - Flowering Plant Fert 15-30-15
    " - Evergreen, Shrub Fert 30-10-10
    " - tomato & Veg Fert 15-15-30 (all of these are $11)
    Schults - All purpose plant food 20-30-20
    " - Bloom builder plant food 10-54-10
    " - Liquid Plant Food 10-15-10

Anyway sorry for such a long Post, i just want to get everything perfect before i get seeds. Once these things are set in stone then i'll ask about other stuff.

2. Wow, good for them. And you.

More is better. 6 26watters are much better than 1 40. Also, if only using 1 spectrum, soft white is best for flowering and daylight is best for vegetative growth.

Don't give any nutes for at least 2 weeks, longer if your soil contains some nutrients. For vegetative growth we want more N than P or K. The 30-10-10 should work fine or even the 20-20-20. For flowering, the N should be reduced and the P and K increased. Of your choices listed, nothing is great. But the 20-30-20 and 15-30-15 will probably get the job done.

Have you read these?

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/73015-grandpas-grow-guide.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/122824-kamels-cfl-guide.html

3. I know i have both kinds in my house. one bulb i have gives of a nice blue color and is 27W 3000K. And the other bulb give off an orange color and is 13W 2700K. Are both of these for flowering?

And yes i have read both of those a bunch of times

4. #4 OCDinFL, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009

Are you the sure is 3000K? Blues are in the 5500+ spectrum. I'd use all orange for flowering as it provides more of the appropriate spectrum for bud production. You might use some blue/daylight as supplemental to inhibit the stretch at the start of flowering.

5. Man, the one in my livingroom that's blue says 3000k (its a bigger CFL than normal), but the ones in my bathroom says 13W 6500K. I guess the bigger ones are crappier? Who knows,

They'll stretch when flowering? Whys that?

Also, wont i need like 100W's or so, to grow a plant? That means the 13W are crap rite? Unless i have 10 of them.:(