Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can i get medical in NJ? Please help

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Weedology, Jan 31, 2014.

1. #21 walterbishop, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014

Xanax is far from the only treatment for anxiety. Most anitidepressants are also used for anxiety, and they are very effective.

It sounds like you have not explored all options, which is a detriment to your cause. The thing with MMJ in NJ is that you have to be able to prove you have already exhausted all conventional means to treat your disorder, and failed. This requires a long paper trail regarding your treatment, and the various conventional methods and medications that were used, documented, and failed. There are tons of SSRIs that you can take rather than MMJ, and there is no way you will try only Xanax and they will rule in your favor.

Once you get a doctors rec, it goes before a board who reviews the rec and makes a decision. Being anxiety is not a qualifying condition in NJ, you have a very long battle ahead of you. Most likely a losing battle. You are better off moving to a state that is more compassionate than NJ.

Source- Me, a NJ resident who has suffered from anxiety longer than you've been alive, and has done a ton of research on MMJ here.

p.s. here's a link you should read. http://www.state.nj.us/health/medicalmarijuana/pat_faqs.shtml#7

2. #22 Weedology, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    [quote name="walterbishop" post="19447089" timestamp="1391270550"]Xanax is far from the only treatment for anxiety. Most anitidepressants are also used for anxiety, and they are very effective.It sounds like you have not explored all options, which is a detriment to your cause. The thing with MMJ in NJ is that you have to be able to prove you have already exhausted all conventional means to treat your disorder, and failed. This requires a long paper trail regarding your treatment, and the various conventional methods and medications that were used, documented, and failed. There are tons of SSRIs that you can take rather than MMJ, and there is no way you will try only Xanax and they will rule in your favor.Once you get a doctors rec, it goes before a board who reviews the rec and makes a decision. Being anxiety is not a qualifying condition in NJ, you have a very long battle ahead of you. Most likely a losing battle. You are better off moving to a state that is more compassionate than NJ.Source- Me, a NJ resident who has suffered from anxiety longer than you've been alive, and has done a ton of research on MMJ here.[/quote]Ive tried hydroxyzines of all mg's and my doctor said Xanax is next Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Xanax is more for situational anxiety. SSRIs treat ongoing anxiety.

4. So do you think i should go to a psychiatrist and see? I spoke to a police officer and said because my situation its likely and in my town they just opened up a dispensary for a reason he said Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Check out the FAQ I posted a posts back. It's the NJ site. Have your doctor look at it. There is a section regarding unapproved conditions and the requirements to have them added to the list of qualifiers. It looks like a 2 year process. But don't quote me on that. You may only need 2 years of proper documentation regarding your treatment.

Also your doctor would have to be registered with the NJ MMJ program.

6. [quote name="walterbishop" post="19447184" timestamp="1391271836"]Check out the FAQ I posted a posts back. It's the NJ site. Have your doctor look at it. There is a section regarding unapproved conditions and the requirements to have them added to the list of qualifiers. It looks like a 2 year process. But don't quote me on that. You may only need 2 years of proper documentation regarding your treatment.Also your doctor would have to be registered with the NJ MMJ program.[/quote]The psychiatrist im going to is registered. But damn two years!? Wtf im better off waiting for it to be legalized theres no way i can wait that long with this pain. But thanks. It'll be my first time going to him how should i bring it up. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Bump. (More honest opinions)Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

most head shrinks tend to NOT approve of their patients using pot... get with your MEDICAL Dr about that surgery and cyclic vomiting, the anxiety may be the result of those issues...(and those issues being on record could contribute to your case)

9. [quote name="cball" post="19450643" timestamp="1391314824"]most head shrinks tend to NOT approve of their patients using pot... get with your MEDICAL Dr about that surgery and cyclic vomiting, the anxiety may be the result of those issues...(and those issues being on record could contribute to your case)[/quote]If i explained to the psychiatrist my situation do you think thatd help Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

no...they are anti mj and paid to push ssri's or other chemicals.

the MEDICAL Dr would have the best case going for NJ mmj rules since you have a long term recorded ailment that required surgery according to your other post. long term records of vomiting even if it is from the shrink would be in your primary dr's records.

11. #31 Weedology, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    [quote name="cball" post="19450770" timestamp="1391316236"]no...they are anti mj and paid to push ssri's or other chemicals.the MEDICAL Dr would have the best case going for NJ mmj rules since you have a long term recorded ailment that required surgery according to your other post. long term records of vomiting even if it is from the shrink would be in your primary dr's records.[/quote]He is the mmj doctor. He has the papers or whatever to prescribe it. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. #32 Weedology, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Bump Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #33 lessthanjeezy, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2014
    Just to be clear,

anxiety/depression is not on the list of qualifying conditions in New Jersey, no matter how severe...You need to have a life-threatening illness such as Cancer or MS, but for your conditions you do not qualify under New Jersey MMJ policy, and there aren't any loop holes to the extremely strict NJ plan. I have been unable to get my mother into the program and she is a cancer patient, not to mention even if I could they have not had product at the dispensaries for months because the NJ system is totally broken. If you absolutely need MMJ, you will need to move to a state with a more lax program...Or you will need to buy off the street those are your only options (other than growing of course)

Edit: Even the ulcers are not enough in Jersey for a doctor rec.

14. [quote name="lessthanjeezy" post="19458825" timestamp="1391452445"]Just to be clear,anxiety/depression is not on the list of qualifying conditions in New Jersey, no matter how severe...You need to have a life-threatening illness such as Cancer or MS, but for your conditions you do not qualify under New Jersey MMJ policy, and there aren't any loop holes to the extremely strict NJ plan. I have been unable to get my mother into the program and she is a cancer patient, not to mention even if I could they have not had product at the dispensaries for months because the NJ system is totally broken. If you absolutely need MMJ, you will need to move to a state with a more lax program...Or you will need to buy off the street those are your only options (other than growing of course)Edit: Even the ulcers are not enough in Jersey for a doctor rec.[/quote]Is it worth a try because theres a dispensary in my town Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. A dispensary in your town doesn't mean much, and I hate to be brutally honest but no it isn't worth a try...the condition isn't on the short list of qualifying conditions for new jersey, so you can't qualify in the state of New Jersey.

16. [quote name="lessthanjeezy" post="19459043" timestamp="1391455164"]A dispensary in your town doesn't mean much, and I hate to be brutally honest but no it isn't worth a try...the condition isn't on the short list of qualifying conditions for new jersey, so you can't qualify in the state of New Jersey.[/quote]Interesting. Well i was just wondering because a cop and many other people said i would probably qualifySent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Law enforcement may not totally understand the program...here is the state website with details of the program:

http://www.state.nj.us/health/medicalmarijuana/pat_faqs.shtml#1

And here is the language stating what does qualify, and that other conditions will not be considered:

1. What debilitating medical conditions are approved by the program?
      \tA physician must certify that a patient has an approved debilitating medical condition to participate in the Medicinal Marijuana Program. Approved debilitating medical conditions include:\t
      • <li>Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis\t
      • Multiple sclerosis\t
      • Terminal cancer\t
      • Muscular dystrophy\t
      • Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn's disease\t
      • Terminal illness, if the physician has determined a prognosis of less than 12 months of life.
        \t \t
      \tThe following conditions apply, if resistant to, or if the patient is intolerant to, conventional therapy:\t
      • Seizure disorder, including epilepsy\t
      • Intractable skeletal muscular spasticity\t
      • Glaucoma 
        \t \t
      </li>\t
    2. The following conditions apply, if severe or chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia or wasting syndrome results from the condition or treatment thereof:\t
      • <li>Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus\t
      • Acquired immune deficiency syndrome\t
      • Cancer 
        \t \t
      </li>\t
    3. <a></a>My condition is debilitating but it's not on that list. What can I do?
      \tAs per rules & regulations, the MMP will not accept any petition to add to the approved list of debilitating medical conditions before completing at least two annual reports required pursuant to N.J.A.C 8:64-4.2.

18. [quote name="lessthanjeezy" post="19459154" timestamp="1391456612"]Law enforcement may not totally understand the program...here is the state website with details of the program:http://www.state.nj.us/health/medicalmarijuana/pat_faqs.shtml#1And here is the language stating what does qualify, and that other conditions will not be considered:
    1. What debilitating medical conditions are approved by the program?\tA physician must certify that a patient has an approved debilitating medical condition to participate in the Medicinal Marijuana Program. Approved debilitating medical conditions include:\t
      • Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis\t
      • Multiple sclerosis\t
      • Terminal cancer\t
      • Muscular dystrophy\t
      • Inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn's disease\t
      • Terminal illness, if the physician has determined a prognosis of less than 12 months of life.\t\t
      \tThe following conditions apply, if resistant to, or if the patient is intolerant to, conventional therapy:\t
      • Seizure disorder, including epilepsy\t
      • Intractable skeletal muscular spasticity\t
      • Glaucoma \t\t
      \t
    2. The following conditions apply, if severe or chronic pain, severe nausea or vomiting, cachexia or wasting syndrome results from the condition or treatment thereof:\t
      • Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus\t
      • Acquired immune deficiency syndrome\t
      • Cancer \t\t
      \t
    3. My condition is debilitating but it's not on that list. What can I do?\tAs per rules & regulations, the MMP will not accept any petition to add to the approved list of debilitating medical conditions before completing at least two annual reports required pursuant to N.J.A.C 8:64-4.2.
    [/quote]You obviously have more experience then me but i heard theres an exception and if i cant get accepted what can i tell my mom because i have to live with her till two more semesters so two more years Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Yeah I looked into it extensively for my mother, but unfortunately you heard wrong. There are no exceptions in NJ on the program, it is the strictest in the nation...If you need to continue living with your mother try to explain to her it improves your quality of life and that you don't want to be dependent on a chemical pill when you have a natural alternative that alleviates your physical and emotional pain. If she still does not want you to use it, your choices are to try hiding it from your parents, or find a job that can get you enough money to move out on your own so you can do as you please...There is no legal way you will be able to find cannabis in NJ unfortunately, so the best you can try to do is reason with your parents and hope for the best. 

20. Last bumpSent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum