Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can i get approved for medical weed?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by dabigboi305, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Hi im new to this forum and i really enjoy it :)....anyways i was wondering if i can get approved to medical weed? I really have a hard time going to sleep at night im 19 and when i smoke i notice it puts me to sleep so the question is can i get weed presc. for that if so how? im located in south Florida :wave:

2. norml.org . check your state

3. thanks for the feedback

4. Probably not. =/ I have anxiety disorders on top of insomnia and i'm having a bit of a hard time getting my perscription and i live in California.

I just hate that doctors in my area would rather prescribe me something that makes me feel like i'm going to die than prescribe me medical marijuana which i know works and has no bad side effects. (i've also only consulted my family doctor about this issue, so that's probably why i haven't been approved)

Anyone who has tried Effexor will probably know what i'm talking about with the side effects.

5. Yea i see floridal has nothing under medical weed.......plus i see what you mean about hard to get approved i guess i will always have to smoke secretly lol (*) thanks for the feedback

6. Florida are weed nazi's.

7. Last i heard most their population are retired people which i'm sure is the main reason of that. lol ;)

8. lol yea i agree weed nazis lol but that dont stop no 1

9. I lived there for awhile.
    Shitload of old people.

10. yea lol depends what part

11. Look on NORML's website, there should be a way to find out which doctor to go to for a referall, most "family doctors" wouldnt want to prescribe MMJ untill they are sure that the more expensive pharmasuticals wont work.

12. florida people arent really weed nazis, i get great weed at a great price. while it is almost all old people, it is almost all hippies. :hippie: i have like 10 different friends who have parents who dont care if we blaze because they do it themselves. and they arent even burnouts, my friends dad (who smokes) is a psychiatrist and they live in a huge house and are awesome. also, my friend karl's family invented Yoohoo and his parents are chill. and one time i smoked with my friend ryan's dad :smoking:

13. Thanks for the help but i'm way ahead of you. :) My appointment is wednesday the 22nd in LA. :D

14. be sure to let us know how that goes :)

15. what about Illinois?

I have the same problem.

16. Go to San Fransisco

17. or pretty much any major city, or check on medicann, i got my rec from them and i never had any issues, but then again i dont have to deal with the OCBC bullshit

18. I would go to SF but we decided to make a road trip out of it and go south then head to the beach from there since the doctor that i'm going to visit is >10 miles from the beach. :)

San Francisco costs too much for parking and all that junk. lol, It's too much trouble for a day trip.

19. i have the same problem,i live less then 45 mins from sanfancisco thinking about trying to get a card and have the green cross just deliver my stuff..anybody think they can help me out with this?? about obtaining the card

20. #20 Iluvatar, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2008
    If insomnia could be a condition for smoking mmj there would be
    many many many more mmj users..including myself hehe