Can i force flower my outdoor female?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by NullyBeBallin, Jul 19, 2013.

1. i have a plant thats been growing for about a month and a half, it showed signs of being a female like 4 days ago, anyway, i want to force flower it without bringing it in. i already brought it in once at 6:41pm (sun rose at 6:41am) and then brought it back outside in complete darkness the same night , and it been there ever since. will it start to flower? if so when? if it wont, how can i make it start . i dont want to bring it back in again. can i put a trash bag or something over it? 

2. I was told about 2 weeks of doing that . Mine is also outside.

3. There is a BIG problem with trash-bagging your plants- the bag quickly becomes a solar oven!  You could literally cook your plants! :eek:  Before you put a bag on your "baby", try placing a thermometer in a cardboard box, then put it in a trash bag and let it sit in the sun for an hour!

The only way you could do it is to put the bag on as the day is cooling (near sunset) and leave it on until morning, removing it when the day starts warming up. You would clip a couple of hours off the morning and evening light. But bagging your plant also may increase your chances of mold and mildew on your buds. :cry:

Next time, get yourself an auto-flowering strain! You plant it and  "X" days later, it is done! :smoke:   No 12/12 light/dark required!

Granny

4. I would try covering with a tarp. Cover after 12 hrs if light. Suspend the tarp above the plant.

5. #5 Kronicly Insane, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    Sorry double post.

6. Well it should start budding soon anyways...

7. I am confused. Can't you not even tell what sex until they start to flower. So you need to force flower your plants. How would you know they are females.

8. you have to make sure it is light tight. but yes it can be done. it will take just as long to preflower as if you just let them mature naturally though.

9. I have 2 plants outside in a green house tent planted in the floor is there any good way of preventing light polution from street lights
    So l can force flower them before they get huge one sativa one indica l think both were planted back in march the taller one is spilling out of its tomato cage the other is just about to grow out the top
    Sent from my SCH-I200 using Grasscity Forum mobile app