can i fix the lighting schedule of my plants?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sinyaro, May 27, 2010.

1. hey there, i planted three bagseeds as an experiment and they sprouted and i planted them. the only problem is, not knowing much about growing, i had them on a 12/12 lighting schedule from when they were seedlings. they are about four or five weeks old now and i am going to discern their sexes soon.

i know that in order to encourage the plant to flower i have to switch the lighting to 12/12. how can i encourage my plant to flower? is it too late to change it? when can i expect them to flower?

i'm using a heating grow lamp, which has kept them up very well. i raise it as my plants get taller. i'm growing them in the back of my closet but they have decent airflow and space. can anybody help me out here? i'm not sure what i can do. o.o

2. Keep them at 12/12. They will flower.

3. What exactly is your heating grow lamp? They should have already shown flowers after 5 weeks under 12/12 from seed. Your lighting may be an issue.

4. The best advice I can give is scrap it, read thru this forum for a few weeks, and then maybe try again. I'm not trying to be a dick, but growing in a closet with a heat lamp is never going to work. Trust me, many have tried, and many have failed.

5. thanks, lucyinthesky. and i'm not exactly sure what the light is. it's a lizard lamp, but it isn't red nor does it give off excessive heat. my plants have flourished with the light and they grow more every day. as long as it is high enough above my plants so it doesn't turn the leaves brown, it seems like it is fine. as for the wattage, i'm not entirely sure. but it seems to be working o.o also they are closer to four weeks than five.