Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I eat Bud Butter alone?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Chirf, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Well, to be more specific, do I HAVE to cook the weed butter into an actual food?

Could I not just put some on toast and eat it like that or is it not safe to just do that?

I found this recipe and it seemed all too... easy..... lol there had to be a catch. Can I really just make butter like this in under an hour and melt it on my food and get high while eating it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ingredients
    1 lb. of butter (not margarine!)
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t1/2 ounce of finely ground marijuana

\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tMethod
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tMelt the butter in a sauce pan until it's simmering.
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tAdd the marijuana and let simmer for 30 minutes or so until the butter has turned green from the marijuana.
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tPour butter through a strainer to remove all the pieces of marijuana.
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tChill until solid. \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2. It would probably taste better if you had me over for a bowl of bud butter. We could dip saltines in it. Anyone else do that with crackers and butter?

3. Since you've done it before, how effective is bud butter? Would it take a lot of butter to get me high or is this stuff real potent since it's JUST weed and butter?

4. I rather smoke my weed. What if it doesn't turn out like you hoped.

5. That's why I'd be using my vaped weed. I mean, I know smoking vaped weed can get you high, but I've been wanting a break from smoke in general. I know everyone says weed is harmless but I would STILL like to avoid putting hazardous smoke in my lungs. It's still not technically a "good idea."

6. OK Op, you need to educate yourself about marijuana a little more, I notice that you call yourself a weed noob. You are Vaping, Vapor is not the same thing as smoke and is not in anyway hazardous to your health. Weed is harmless.

Smoke or Vape it's been proven that it helps some with breathing problems, breath a whole lot better.

7. The Op doesn't want "harmful smoke" which I'm sure refers to the combustion of plant material that produces tar and carbon monoxide.

8. and even if its not bad for you after a bit vaping is just annoying as fuck yes you can eat it straight it will taste like shit tho, all weed based food tastes like shit if you ask me tho

9. Actually, nothing has been "proven." There has just been no reported cases.

And on that note, that STILL doesn't change anything. Even if weed was proven to be 100% safe, it STILL is "known" to cause problems that smoke in general actually "does" cause.

Me, for example, I only smoked weed. I never smoked cigs, I never smoked cigars, nothing else. And yet I still get bad coughs and sometimes I feel like someone mauled me in the ribs.

You can sit there and say it doesn't kill anyone, but you can't say it doesn't affect your lungs at all. Which is enough reason for me to want to stop smoking and start vaping (Da Buddha, which I've heard gives you a much cleaner high and some people prefer it over smoking).

10. Well, just like alcohol, I'm not in it for the flavor lol

And nah, vaping is only annoying for me when I use my Magic Flight Launch Box. It's a good portable product but it's NOT something I can go to when I really want to get high :/

11. Are you using it properly with the correct breathing techniques?

12. Da Buddah Vaporizer = awesome desktop vape....im a proud and satisfied owner. When i stopped smoking bowls, I stopped running out of breath easily and generally vaping has improved the condition of my lungs

Edit: Portable vapes just aren't the same....DBV will WASTE u

13. It definitely gets me high, but it takes longer to do so and it doesn't ever seem to hit me as hard. I usually look into the little glass pipe until I see vapor building up. I take the hit just as it comes to the end.

Is there a better way? Cause I'm allllll ears XD

14. #14 TheNanners, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012

Once you see vapor coming in not when it full start a slow in hale when your doing this you want to have your lips almost touching the straw but not fully touching it then just as I said slowly and deeply inhale it and hold it for as long as you like though with vapor it's good to hold it in for a while. There are some videos on youtube I would link it but I can't on my ipad.

edit nvm here's link: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3aYefMR3mc&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

15. Nice! I'm actually about to try this video out lol I just got 2gs so I'll see how the MFLB works.

16. That actually helped. Still not the best high I could probably get but I do looove the taste it gives you lol

17. Check out some of his other vids if you like it's pretty informitave :smoke:

18. Alright I honestly wouldn't know what a vape high is like anyways never actually owned one but I was reading a form somewhere else that showed that vid :p

19. Smoking pot has been shown to cause chronic bronchitis which can then lead to COPD. I am not a tobacco smoker, either. Only marijuana for 42 years. On several occasions I have gotten severe bronchitis with some complications. For me, it often occurs after long bong sessions combined sometimes with a change in the weather.

20. Bump

• Like Like x 1