Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I eat BHO?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by JasonCowboy, Jan 26, 2012.

1. I have done some baking in the past and enjoy the buzz from eating canibutter. Today I made some butane honey Oil. I dropped some bowl size drops of oil on a piece of paper like i normally do and put it in the freezer. Well what i was thinking, is could I put a few of those frozen balls in a tablet and swallow it? Will I get nice body buzz? Or will I just get sick? I recall reading somewhere that THC has to be dissolved into fats for your body to process it.

2. #2 BROCRO, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
    As far as i know BHO contains THCA just like bud (unless it was fully and properly cured). Thus you need to heat activate your BHO to convert the THCA to THC. This is according to a pdf I found called "Marijuana Chemistry. Genetics. Processing & Potency. 2nd Edition." According to it you should heat the BHO to 200 degrees Fahrenheit for around 10 minutes to fully convert the THCA to THC.

So basically I would recommend figuring out how to effectively heat your BHO and then eat it (or find one of the numerous guides on how to make BHO chocolates so you can better enjoy it).

3. Let your BHo dissolve in some everclear add it to whatever. BHO will make super potent tincture, you can also just straight add it to gummy candy recipes and it will work. I know bad kitty will hate me for saying this, but ive made candies without using a solvent and just dropped hash oil / BHO in and it has worked fine. 1g -> 20 candies. Imagine though you could work that up to 30 of the same potency np if you used a solvent