Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I eat AVB raw?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by medicinaltoker, Aug 2, 2012.

1. [quote name='"madg321"']

Well i know it works if u dnt wanna try and do it the right way kudos to u but ill be gettin more high thx..... word[/quote]

He's agreeing with us.

2. Been smoking a long time bud.....I know what Im doing was no placebo high. I have also gave ABV PBJ sandwiches to other peeps as well with the same effects....I am not a 13 year old kid Ihave been smoking for over 30 some years.

• Like Like x 1
  3. U will get summate obv but u need to heat it up for better results

4. I can confirm 110% for sure that eating abv does work. The vape has already activated the cannabinoids. Raw buds will not work.

You can mix it with whatever you choose, or just eat it as is. 3grams is a lot tho, prepare to spend a long time on your couch.

Def not a placebo.

5. I to can confirm this:wave:

so everybody else! Your wrong!:cool:

6. So we have confirmed this to work.. but the question for me is: Does cooking the avb heighten the potency even MORE? Or seen as it's already decarbed, is cooking not necessary?

7. Yea OK I need to know that because I have 4 grams now that I will either cook or just stick in my ice cream!

8. Already good to go. just eat it.

9. That's what I'm saying.. you can't eat the raw buds and eat plain ABV.. and you guys are telling me I'm wrong? Fuck this shit where's my jetpack *foooooooooooooshhhhhh*

10. #30 splat1234, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2012
    nukka, you high.
    the weed has been decarboxylated from the high temps the vape constantly runs out (~200C). this means the thc-a breaks down to thc (its psychoactive form) and can now be eaten. that's what happens when you add fire to raw nugs. the heat breaks the thc-a into thc.

cooking it will extract the thc into a fatty substance, which may be beneficial to the digestive process, however eating abv plain without heat will still get you high.

11. of course you could, just like you COULD eat raw weed. but that does not mean you should.

12. #32 Gryphonics, Aug 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2012
    Go ahead buddy you can't eat raw bud to get stoned unless you eat like 1/4oz.
    You're tripping on placebo because out body cannot break down the plant material raw and absorb the THC and stuff. If we could then why does everyone have to smoke weed or make edibles? Why can't we just simply decarb dank bud and eat it? Because it doesn't work unless you're 12. You can't eat it raw or alone and get baked off your ass.

13. But.. yes, you can. Multiple people have tried it and confirmed. Do you really think people saying "I was high for 6 hours" really misconceived that as a placebo? C'mon man. Don't forget we're also talking about AVB here, and AVB only.

14. I think the confusion here is that everyone is talking about abv/decarbed weed, not just plain raw buds.

You are correct in the case of raw buds, you will not feel anything. ABV, you will.

Raw bud = No
    ABV = Yes

• Like Like x 1
  15. [quote name='"PaulKemp420"']

I think the confusion here is that everyone is talking about abv/decarbed weed, not just plain raw buds.

You are correct in the case of raw buds, you will not feel anything. ABV, you will.

Raw bud = No
    ABV = Yes[/quote]

We tried explaining that to him, he just doesn't seem to get it. This kid's obviously an amateur.

16. If you cant cook it, mix it with something and eat it. Dont listen to them it works i tried it. I was tripping stupid over 4g of AVB.

17. #37 shugs, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2012
    I chased down 4g of Buddha ABV yesterday with water, and it had absolutely no effect on me. I waited several hours for it to kick in and when I realized nothing was going to happen I went to bed. When I woke up I was extremely nauseated and threw up a few times. While I may have gone about doing this wrong, from personal experience I would recommend cooking it in.

18. Either way, I think it would be much better to just cook it in case. Who wants to munch on gram after gram of avb in the first place?

• Like Like x 1
  19. #39 Saruman, Aug 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
    Avb is great.

20. A few months ago I put 3g of ABV in a sandwich without cooking it and I got stoned off my ass. It was too much actually, I couldnt stay awake if I tried it kept getting more and more intense til I greened out.