Can I dry marijuana outdoors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by siixty9, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Hello fellow growers!

this year I will be forced to dry outdoors, since I dont have any place to dry it indoors!
    So like, I would like to know if it is even possible?

Now the buds will be under some kind of Polyvinyl, but I still want to know is the buds will make it.

I will hang the buds so the airflow is good, and i will make sure that the rain can't make it to the buds.

It will probably rain a lot when i cut them (around 4-5 days out of 7), so I want to know if the mold will form in buds, because of high humidity.

-Jamal

2. Dry and cure should be done in a controlled enviorment. That much rain will. Not be in your favor? If you're growing indoors just use the tent.
    Or do what i do. Small box like a hole on both sides, run string through and hang on the string. I also cut a hole on the side and put a small fan blowing into the hole at the bottom of the box. Always had great dry and cures.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3. Never tried it, I'm guessing you'll have a problem with humidity, especially with rain. Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

4. #4 Mahmo, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    We hang the branches on the same netting for trellising suspended on twisted bailing wire strung across the span of a room. We attached to the studs with eyes hooks and darken the room, and use a dehumidifier. It works great, especially in a humid environment.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Not advisable. It won't cure properly. It really needs to be in a darkened room or shed with somewhat of a climate control if you are in a humid climate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. What type of climate like 85°?

Sent from my U673C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. How much humidity where you are 13%, 50%, 85%. Those variables matter. It is 15% where I am and I still use a dehumidifier in an enclosed darkened room. Otherwise your plants will keep developing in the light.

8. That much rain will make it very difficult to properly dry outdoors, even if it is under cover. To give yourself a chance make sure you thoroughly trim your buds as soon as harvested. The problem with all that rain is that it will boost your RH close to 100%. Ideally you want RH to be in the 40-50% range. I'll be amazed if you don't develop mold or rot.

9. I used to tie a clothes line between 2 trees in heavy shade and hang a 12 x 20 tarp with metal stakes to keep the sides open in the same shape like a roof on a house. It works just takes a long time sonetimes up to 3 weeks in a cool humid fall. I often lost bud to grey mold in dense cola's and some strains would end up smelling kinda musty if it took too long to dry outdoors but most of the time it turned out pretty decent. I dry indoors now with a dehumidifier in a cool dark room for 2 weeks.

10. A darkened room with a dehumidifier is the best way to go in my experience. :)