Can I dry and cure wet buds?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Flower Czar, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Now just from title this may sound like a dumb question but im talking about buds I got off someone else. So pretty much my guy gave me an oz for 140 because it smelled like hay. Taking it to another buddy he thinks that guy dipped it in water to weigh more and when I did research online I saw the hay smell is from not properly drying and curing.

Now the bud smokes great, hits smooth and gets you baked like some high grade that goes for 250-280 around here so I'm thinking they just didn't dry it properly (as the stems bend and the bud is sticky).

My question is, if I were to say leave it in an open box or jar in my closet to dry and then cure it in a jar myself would the bud start to smell like it's supposed to?

2. yeah sounds like its not dried all the way yet,, u may want to it will mold.

3. So I have it sitting in a cardboard box is that fine or do I need to put them in jars? The only ones I got could fit 6 ozs in them with the bags seperated.

4. If you leave it on a box just watch it. The cardboard pulls the moisture out pretty fast. From what I've read on here u want the buds a tad crispy to the touch. Once the stem snaps and they are kind of crispy start the curing process.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

5. Put it in a paper bag and roll the top shut a little, open it in a day or two and if it's nice and dry then put it in a jar, but don't leave it closed to long for the first few days