Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I drop everclear tinctures on sour patch kids or similar candy?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by BurtonSnow, Dec 30, 2017.

1. So currently I decarb some high grade wax, dissolve into everclear, and mix with kool aid and works perfectly.

It got me thinking.... can I use this same solution and drop it on candy, wait for it to dry, then consume.

My gut says yes, but just want to confirm I don’t really need the catalyst (everclear) once it’s already been dissolved and activated?

• Like Like x 3
  2. The everclear isn't needed, and what you want to do should work.
    I've never done it, but frequently bake with alcohol tincture.
    The biggest worry might be the medicine rubbing off the candy

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cool ya I know rubbing off isn’t an issue. I’ve dropped other compounds that are active in the 100ug range and never had an issue with losing potency.

I decided to experiment the old fashioned way and just try it but it’s taking forever to dry

• Like Like x 1
  4. Since you're using concentrate, you can dissolve your decarbed wax in coconut oil instead of everclear. You can then get some meltaway candy wafers, microwave them then add 1ml of your infused coconut oil for each piece of candy, mix and let cool. Easiest thing you can make. A gram of 70% wax would give you thirty 25mg pieces if you used 30 ml of oil.

Hard candies won't really absorb your everclear tincture once it's already made but gummies may soak some up. Everclear is a great way to infuse hard candies as they're being made, though. :yummy:

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’m using sour patch kids which absorb nicely. I think you are the one who taught me the everclear method and made hard candies with it. Issue is with that is there is a learning curve to making candy itself. I rather leave it to the pros :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. PsychedelicSam suggests a virgin run through of candy making. Get the method down, then add the tincture after you can make a successful batch of candy. There's a thread in the edible section on using BHO to make jolly rancher candy. Basically you decarb your BHO, add a bit of everclear to make it easier to mix. You meanwhile melt your jolly ranchers, then combine. This tech needs a virgin run through, it's tricky. I'll look for a link to the thread. You're right about leaving candy making to the pros. I have only got as far as melting chocolate and adding concentrate.
    Recipe - (B)erry (H)ardCandy (O)palescence Recipe

• Like Like x 4
  7. I feel like an idiot. I saw "candy" and didn't register "sour patch kids". I've never tried the absorption method personally but I've seen quite a few guides with that step. Good luck with that. Be sure to follow up and let us know if it did work. :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Sam,

Just wanted to follow up from your comment to let everyone know how it worked. Worked good. I do feel like it was a little less potent, but honestly I really don’t even know the potency. All I know is I melted down a .5g and spread that over 2 days. I was doing more then just eating the edibles so hard to really tell, but ultimately for the sake on stealth and simplicity it did the trick.

Someone mentioned trial runs of candy before using medicine and I tried that, but stil my candy sucks.

I am a pretty decent cook and I know cooking comes with trial and error. I don’t have the time/patience/desire to perfect making hard handy.

9. Thanks for letting us know that it does seem to work. There's nothing wrong with trying things out to see if or how well they work. I've done that a lot. As long as it worked it's a success. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. With all of my experiments, home edibles work much better in any food that has a nice portion of fat. I have made hard mints, lollipops and worlds easiest chocolates. All of my supply is in concentrates, so harder time finding recipes. Even the lollipops worked and absorbed all the fat, set up hard. Mints failed, set up but no bang. So finally figured out that I had not decarboxylated. Next attempt was the Poor Mans recipe I posted today. They are lovely! No more mistakes for me... I Hope? :cry: The fats make a difference in the way your body absorbs and processes the cannaboids, longer more potent high for me.

11. Funny you say that. My best edibles are decarbed wax, add enough everclear to melt the solid into liquid. Then add with koolaid or lemonade. Those tend to kick!

I always use concentrates too, so agree recipe finding is a little harder. I always melt my wax with the smallest amount or everclear/butter/oil whatever and just add to the recipe.

I made sugar cookie edibles yesterday. Made the back as it called for. Put a little batter to the side, about 5 cookies worth, then mixed in as little weed butter as I could use for .25g of wax. Worked fine :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I haven't tried the koolaid trip, but might be next on my list... Thx:vaping:

13. Figured I’d mention I mix it all up to the point I just take a shot of the everclear/wax/koolaid. All down in one gulp.

I sometimes wonder if the extremely fast consumption adds to the buzz. Any other edible I’m generally milking it going down.

14. I use the MagicalButter Machine and it is amazing. No muss, no fuss! Put everything into the machine and it does the rest. Just be sure to decatboxylate. Your finished product will be seriously weakened if you don’t. But you don’t have to break up the bud. I destroyed 2 ounces by trying to manage the cooking on the stove. Expensive error. Only buy your machine from the company. Buying from another source will void any warrantee. And these are not expensive. I love mine!!

15. Do you have access to concentrates? I never use bud just because it’s so much more of a process. I’m in az with a Mmj card and can score some top shelf wax that puts CA and CO to shame for a small $20g

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just so you guys know making Candy is pretty easy. I have done it 3 times with good success each time.

17. It is easy, doesn’t mean it comes out tasting very good though haha

18. All the candy I have made has come out great. the hardest part is watching the temps

I use Jello flavoring. try throwing a xtra packet of flavoring in.