Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I "drink" weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Orpheous, Oct 20, 2011.

1. OK, Can I put a good bud on a vodka-filled cup so the thc form the bud dissolves into the alcohol and I drink the vodka after I remove the bud so I can get high? How much time do I have to leave it there?

2. why dont you just smoke it?

3. It takes weeks to make Green Dragon (cannabis infused liquor) properly. Search the edibles section here as well as some googling on the 'net.

4. Any reports?

5. What do you mean by 'reports'? It's going to vary based on the amount and strain used. Yes, it works, very well.

6. Ingredients:
    1/8oz high quality cannabis
    2 oz Bacardi Rum – 151 proof

Process Summary:

1. Chop cannabis very fine (coffee grinder works great)

2. Place in a shallow pan (pie pan with aluminum foil works great) and bake at 325F for 4-5 minutes.

3. Remove from oven and place cannabis and place in 2 oz of rum (use a small wide mouth mason jar)

4. Simmer in a water bath for 20 minutes. Maintain temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture between 150F – 165F.

5. Strain the mixture and store.

Dosage:
    One eyedropper is very nice. Two puts you in space. But you should self-titrate. Effects take about 1.5 hours to begin (at least in myself) and lasted for 5 hours (1 dropper) to 7-8 hours (2 droppers).

Process details—references and rationalizations:
    1. Chop the cannabis—more surface area gives means a faster and more efficient extraction.

2. Bake the cannabis.
    In whole-plant cannabis, THC content is expressed as THCA (tetrahydrocannabolic acid) prior to decarboxylation into THC, which takes place when cannabis is heated during cooking, and smoked or vaporized ingestion. THCA is a mild analgesic and anti-inflammatory but does not have good affinity with our CB1 receptors, so in order to make a THC-rich tincture that has many of the same therapeutic effects as smoked ingestion (including rapid absorption, quick relief and ease of self-titration), we must convert the THCA in the plant matter into THC prior to extracting it through an alcohol soak. (from Vancouver Island Compassion Society http://thevics.com/cannamist.htm)
    THC vaporizes at about 380F. We want to heat the cannabis to convert THCA to THC, but keep the temperature under 380F. That is why 325F is used. Between four and five minutes your oven (and house) will start to smell very strong. This is the time to remove the cannabis from the oven.

Notice also that there is considerable misinformation regarding heating the cannabis. It is true that you don't have to heat it to extract both THC and THCA, but the amount of THC in whole plant preparations is relatively small compared to after decarboxylation of the THCA. So if you want to maximize the strength of your tincture you must heat the cannabis prior to extraction.

3. Use the highest proof alcohol available. In my area this was Bacardi 151. The more alcohol the more efficient the extraction will be.

4. Simmer the mixture.
    This is one of the areas that seems to be most debated. Many recipes call for placing the cannabis (unbaked of course) into the alcohol and waiting 2 – 6 weeks. The main concern with heating the alcohol is that it is “explosive” (not exactly true...it is however flammable).

The purpose of the simmering is to heat the alcohol mixture to improve extraction rates and efficiencies. Heating during extraction increases the motion of the molecules (basic physics/chemistry) and drastically decreases extraction times. The boiling point of pure ethanol is 173F (78C). We will use the water bath to heat the rum/cannabis mixture to just below the boiling point of ethanol.

Heating the alcohol mixture can be done very safely using a hot water bath. You will need an accurate candy or quick read thermometer. Place about 1 inch of water in a wide, vertical-edged pan (9” wide x 3” high). Bring the water to a low simmer. The rum/cannabis mixture should be in a small (1 pint) mason jar. Do NOT cover the jar.

Put the thermometer into the mason jar and place into the simmering water bath. Bring the temperature of the rum/cannabis mixture to about 165F (I maintain it between 150F and 165F). You want the alcohol mixture to be just barely moving (not boiling, but showing active convection within the mixture). If the mixture starts to bubble too much, just turn down the water bath.

You should have the oven fan on high. You will notice that any alcohol fumes are mixed with water vapor from the water bath and vented out the fan. This combined with the fact that you are trying not to boil the ethanol makes the process quite safe.

5. Strain, titrate, and store.
    When you are finished with the extraction you will be left with about 1oz of green dragon tincture. Note that one ounce of the alcohol has evaporated.

Now you should test your eyedropper. In my test 34 full droppers equaled one ounce of liquid (this is a little less than one gram of liquid per dropperful as 29g equals 1ounce).

The liquid should be dark green and smell like cannabis.

6. Dosage.
    Everybody is probably different. It takes me 1.5 hours to feel the effects of eating cannabis. Similarly this tincture also takes 1.5 hours to take effect.

I had tried a tincture someone had made using the cold extraction method with the same amount of cannabis and found that 5 droppers did pretty much nothing.

Using my Green Dragon technique I find that one dropper will bring effects on in 1.5 hours and last 5 hours with 1.5 hours of lingering aftereffects.

Two droppers gave me a "spiritual dose" (as strong as any brownie I ever had). Effects lasted 7-8 hours with lingering effects for 2 more hours.

This means that 1/8oz of good cannabis yields about 30-34 doses of tincture (1 dropperful is really all I need). And is much more pleasant than smoking (which really is bad for you and your lungs and the reason I've stopped smoking entirely).

This link might be helpful.
    Metric Conversion: Worldwide Wholesale Distribution of Valves, Fittings, Tubing & Flanges: World Wide Metric

7. Theres an amazing vid on youtube showing how to bake weed with everclear alcohol and then proceeding to make a tequila out of it which you could achieve within 1 day and supposedly its a method for the fastest absorption of cannabis without smoking, taking only 15 minutes to kick in.

I'm trying to find it again. The video maker also seemed very experienced with edibles and explained that this is better than both butter and oil because it absorbs so fast, the only downside is that it doesn't last as long as infusing with the prior 2.

NOW SOMEBODY FIND THIS VID AND REPORT THE RESULTS !!!!

8. SuperSilverHaze add your source please, chimera find that vid, 15 min is awesome!

9. i would do it like this... get vodka, and weed put them in a blender and its like a mojito or however you spell it...

Or smoked weed from a bong and instead of water put vodka or whatever you want

10. 1.And I will end up eating stems and buds? Wow...
    2.I want to do this so I won't smoke it.

11. 2 oz of rum.. thats only 2 shots...

12. its not about you lying, its about credit. someone makes something, they deserve for the people who use it to know its by them.

makes NO sense, youre saying you dont come to the apprentice forum because they take heed of signs of respect

13. #14 Chimera Prod, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    OK I found it, fuck green dragon its all about the..
    GREEN MONSTER!!!

Make this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpHTFfX6cKE&feature=related]How To Make Medical Marijuana Tonic & Tincture (Alcohol Infused w/Cannabis):THE GREEN MONSTER RECIPE - YouTube[/ame]

Then use it to make a tequila:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egL8fF3tyAQ&feature=related]How To Make MEDICAL MARIJUANA MARGARITAS~CANNABIS INFUSED COCKTAILS...Super Easy Drink Recipe! - YouTube[/ame]

Now somebody better try this, don't be intimidated. I mean its just freakin mixing weed with everclear and simmering in a crock pot then straining. Basic process I'd recommend for butter and oil as well. You can get a crock pot at walmart for like 20 bux

14. #15 Orpheous, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2011
    Thanks all of you. And yes, it's not about you lying, it's about giving the credit to the person who made the guide.

BTW, those drinks look SOOOOOO delicious :bongin:

15. the you dont want to have the stems you grind it up remove stems and stuff
    and you can then drink the "Bong water"

Personally i dont like mixing weed and alchohol cause i always puke and so do my friends but if you dont puke its quite fun cause you trip out so mutch

16. So you're saying that if I put Vodka in a bong, smoked out of the bong, and then drank the Vodka, I'd get high?
    Joke right?

17. [quote name='"LilJ86"']2 oz of rum.. thats only 2 shots...[/quote]

Dude you don't take a whole shot that two shots ends up to I think ssh said that's about 34 droppers, and you only need 1-2 to get high.

18. Yes, two shots of well made Green Dragon or other cannabis/alcohol tincture can basically put you into a coma ;)

19. stem tea.