Can i drink alcohol while taking azithromycin?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WizTheKhalifa, Oct 30, 2011.

1. So im out of bud, and i really want to have a good time tonight. I am currently on a azithromycin 250mg Z-pack for bronchitis. The last pill i took was this morning at around 11. I really want to drink, do you think it would be a big deal if i took a couple shots and maybe a beer or two?

2. However, azithromycin and alcohol must never be combined. It is because azithromycin and alcohol can cause a lot of side effects such as: vertigo, dizziness and blurredness of vision. According to medical research findings, azithromycin and alcohol can cause liver problems in the long run, if a patient drinks alcohol and at the same time takes azithromycin as your form of medication for your bacterial problems. In addition, azithromycin and alcohol make you suffer from diarrhea and frequent urination, with the continuous usage of azithromycin and alcohol combined.

3. I took have taken 3 pills total and my last pill was this morning and i wont be taking any more until tomorrow. Ive been reading on some sites that it is ok but you should not drink too much. I have not expierienced any of these side effects from azithromycin.

4. You, my good sir.

Are not allowed to talk about other drugs.

Especially ones that are not good.

5. There are no warnings on the box or packaging.

6. [quote name='"FoRsAkEn StOnEr"']You, my good sir.

Are not allowed to talk about other drugs.

Especially ones that are not good.[/quote]

Its medication... :confused:

7. lol it's an antibiotic

8. I need help here, my nights going to start soon haha

9. [quote name='"WizTheKhalifa"']I need help here, my nights going to start soon haha[/quote]

You should be fine..typically bronchitis is caused by a viral infection. Antibiotics will not cure a viral infection. If the Dr did not know the etiology of your bronchitis he could have just went for the worst case scenario... I don't know for sure...I do know you will not suffer acute liver damage at the dose you are taking. You will cause the antibiotic to loose some of it's effectiveness but unless you have some underlying pulmonary issues the bronchitis will still clear up. Good luck on finding some buds though, alcohol makes people crazy!

10. i have a feeling that you just want someone to say that it's ok... someone already mentioned the possible side effects and how the two should never be mixed..

11. Ya you can mix the two i mean it mite not be very good for u but its better than a shotgun blast to the face

12. Nice comparison. You must be a doctor.

13. I am im im giving out free breast examinations tommarow as well

14. Your mother must be very proud of you.

15. Nah i got that from how i met your mother and no my mother is insane and hates my very existance she tried to kill me a couple times when i was a baby so no she isnt proud of me

16. ......

You should seek help.

17. My counciler told me to move to my dads house back wen i was in highschool so i did but if you think im fucked up y do u keep posting didnt ur mother tell u not to talk to crazy people?

18. Nope. She told me not to talk to strangers. Although, I'm a full grown man now, not a child.

So, what's your story, friend?

19. I dont really have a story i studdered wen i was akid so i was really shy i was really smart then i discovered the wonders on marijuana around the time my mom went from insane to batshit crazy i got high alot them moved to my dads and finished highschool and now im livin the shitty 9-5 job hbu

20. Eh, I'm just your average guy dealing with the same ol' crap as everyone else. You know how it goes. I once knew a guy who stuttered, he was real chill, a down to earth guy. If you don't mind me asking, why do you think your mother is batshit crazy?

You could PM me if you don't feel comfortable talking about it in public.