Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

can i donate blood?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Numbers, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Hey, i was wondering if i can give blood (like a blood drive) even if i have THC in my system... Anyone know the answer to this question? It may be a tuff one.. But the other day my dad wanted me to go give blood with him, and normally i'd be totally up for it, but he doesn't know i smoke nor would he like it, so i didnt go incase they rejected me for it or something.. You know? Get back to me guys! Thanks!

-Eric :bongin:

2. I don't know the answer to that but you should delete this thread and re-post it in general, you would get more responses there.

3. They run the full battery of testing on your blood donno if its right after or way later before it's used/stored but yes they probably do the typical blood work up which includes dting

4. i dont know ive donated many times and they still keep taking it. if i remember right i dont think it stayes in you blood stream

5. thc? it's in your hair for well over a year depending on the person lol they must check it out later in a totally sterile room

I assume it's given somehow linked to you as a person? totally name free?

whatevrer the case you'll probably just get dumped blood wise once they check not much past that

biggoted I know

6. even if it does show up there is nothing legally they can do.

7. If you read his post he said he doesnt want his dad to find out he smokes, and if they reject him for that, his dad will find out. I dont think it matters though, they want to get all the blood they can, and inactive THC traces arent bad for you, so I'm sure they won't have a problem. Think back to the blood drives in high school, everyone smoked, and everyone donated, well at least here they did. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Now to address your main concern aout this whole issue, they only test your blood on the spot for sickle cells or something, all the other lab work is done in a lab, and if your blood is rejected you get a letter in the mail a few weeks later telling you why it was rejected, so no, your dad wont find out.

8. i just recently started to donate blood, it should be fine man, i went in blazed as fuck to a school blood drive near the end of my senior year, and none of the nurses could tell, they took my blood... hell, red cross even called to ask me if i wanted to donate again a month or 2 later, so if they weren't cool with the THC in it, i don't think that they woulda called me back... hah! im lookin forward to donating again! but i gotta wait :mad:

9. nah u'll be fine....its just shootin up on drugs outside of the doctors office that they dont take.....like dirty needles and shit

10. They don't buy the blood so they'll probably take it and test it and if it's good they will use if it isn't they don't really lose any money. They make a profit of your blood.