Can i do this.....?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ToastedMelon, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Hey everybody,  so I'm not sure if there is a thread for this or not but I was just wondering what I can do with my AVB, if anything.  I vape my bud pretty much all the way through till it gets to a nice chocolate brown and I was just wondering if the AVB would even have any THC left in it, and if it might still be use able what can I do with it?  I always hear the term "decarbed" but what does that mean exactly? Can I still use this to make a tincture or something like that?  Sorry I'm kinda confused about all this still.

2. #2 Greenunit, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2013
    You can still use it for edibles, hash, or even smoking if you want! Depending on how much you vaporize it, you will need to use more than you would fresh bud as some cannabinoids have been vaped away.

Edit: Not entirely sure if this is true or not, but decarbed bud is heating the bud to release THC in a way that your stomach can process it for edibles so you get more high, or something like that. Vaped bud is already decarbed, as it has been heated in your vaporizer :)

3. You can put AVB in a mason jar with ISO alcohol and shake rigorously for several minutes, strain the weed out and let the iso evaporate and you then have hash oil.  The only problem with this is you have to use quite a bit (like 7g) to get a decent amount of oil.

4. Minutes? You will get a way better hash using a Quick wash method.

I run usually about 3/4-1 ounce at a time using a quick wash method to get around a gram of oil, but I vape my stuff till there isnt much left

5. Roll up some doobies man. Fun to smoke and you should get a slight body relaxation. But if you vape for health reasons, I heard edibles can still be made.

However with all the fat needed to make edibles you're not really substituting amything healthy. To each their own.

I don't know the quick wash method, would you mind explaining or providing a link, thanks

I think he is talking about QWISO (Quick Wash ISO)

So you do not soak your material in the iso alcohol for minutes but rather seconds. If you leave it for minutes the quality of the product will not be as good as more things like chlorophyll will make it into the end product.

I have seen people debate how long you should soak your material, I see alot of people say times between 10-30 seconds. Its probably something you can experiment a bit with.

Just to add I have never done this myself so I am not an expert when talking about this stuff