can I do anything with a shoulder dislocation?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by PrinceOfTheCity, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Anyone dislocated a shoulder? Tuesday night I did it for the 2nd time this year (only times of my life) same shoulder... Right now it feels really loose as expected, and if I move that arm it feels like it's going to pop out again. I was trying to brainstorm any possible things I can do in the gym. Maybe the sitting down stationary bike? What about upright bike and elliptical?

Possibly leg extension / curl / leg press... what do y'all think?

2. I had shoulder surgery 2 months ago after dislocating 3 times... no gym for atleast 2 weeks you're just going to make it worse either way after the 2nd dislocation the 3rd will come soon..

3. bad news bears I guess. The first time in March during bball, I felt it start to pop out but never did, then quickly back in place. Doctor said it was a subluxation. I was back less than 2 weeks, quick recovery.

Strengthened my whole upperbody until present and then Had a freak accident during indoor soccer landing awkward, with arm extended and shoulder popping out from bottom. Arm mangled for a few hours til they popped it in. Most info Ive been able to gather tells me its usually 4-8 weeks depending on what activity you are trying to participate in. I was actually fine to do elliptical today, just to do something did it for an hour, no pain. I don't use the sling it feels worse in a sling than without rather let it hang naturally.

Trying to eat right, high protein, ice, Ibuprofen... Seeing shoulder guy monday, wonder what he has to say. Last time he MRId my shoulder no damage to Labrum or RC.. the ligaments were sprained a bit. Hoping this time the Labrum and RC are ok again with just ligament sprains/tears. Thats best case, x-rays at ER were clean for breaks.

I hope to avoid surgery, do PT + wear a harness first few weeks back into soccer. I doubt Id be lifting any time soon, last time I didn't lift for 3 weeks and it was just a subluxation. I started with biceps, triceps, rows for back those early workouts no chest or shoulders til like the 5 week mark.

So you popped yours fully out all 3 times? How is your recovery off surgery coming?