Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I die from dehydration while high?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Onehitandimlit, Jul 8, 2017.

1. I'm well aware I should have water when I go on trips, but I wanted to see how fast it can go south with no water and about my unique incident.

2. Don't want to jump the gun on it being adulterated...possible though.

IME, weed exacerbates conditions like that. So if you're excessively dehydrated expect some strange effects to develop.

It causes increased circulation of blood (possible this changed your lip color)
    Low oxygen/low blood sugar/dehydration...all of these are possibilities.
    Ask your friends if you appeared to be hyperventilating?

THC can lower your body temp and when you're really high your brain can misinterpret this as far worse than it is...panic attacks can make it even WORSE. Typically that would result in blue lips, not purple though so idk. I've had uncontrollable shivers and had to get in HEAT in the middle of the summer. Wasn't insane, was just uncomfortable. Clothing didn't help much, just had to take hot showers/use a car heater until my tolerance was back up.

Idk, definitely keep hydrated but don't over do it.

3. You should definitely stay hydrated when you smoke weed. That should be a given almost. I don't know if it would get to the point of being harmful (but if it did, it'd have to be for half a day or more without any hydration, which is pretty unlikely...), but more than likely it wouldn't I'd imagine.

Among many other reasons that you should stay hydrated when you smoke weed, it's also better for your teeth. Saliva helps the teeth stay clean believe it or not, and smoking weed dries out your saliva. So if there's yet another reason to stay hydrated, do it for your teeth.