Can I Decrease Light for a few hours a day?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MrLebowski, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Here's the thing, I work at night while my family is prowling the home and I've discovered that my family members occasionally go into my room while i'm away. Hence, I have to keep my closet where my plants are locked, and when all my lights are on and the door is shut it gets very hot in the closet (terrible ventilation, I'm working on it). Will it screw up the plants cycle if I cut the wattage by like 35% for 6 hours or so a day? I dont mind if they grow slower I just want to make sure this wont send some message to the plants that I dont want sent. Thanks all.

2. So you want to decrease the amount/intensity of light not the actual light period? Yes, thats fine, if its only happening for 6 hrs or so a day it might make them grow a little bit slower but thats all. in my opinion at least

3. yeh as "thepot" says be fine if just lowering the wattage not the time the lights are on.
    will not slow down the process too much, but keeping safe is the way to go mate;) just get your vent system up & running asap:)
    all the best:smoking: