Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Can I decarboxylate once weed is already infused in butter??!! Help.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by boycopter, Jun 5, 2019.

1. So I've made edibles a handful of times, and it always goes smoothly. I always get my desired effect of getting ripped as heck but this time i messed it up. I was using an oven that I'm not familiar with and was using a lot more bud than I usually do. I was using an ounce. I got scared that I had the bud in the oven for too long and so I took it out early and then started the infusion process. (I do this by enclosing butter and the decarbed weed in a glass jar and boiling on the stove). After what would have been enough time if the bud had properly decarbed, I took the butter off the stove and made brownies. The brownies had the effect of cbd, very relaxing and a little sedative, but no where near as psychoactive as they should be.
    I want to know if anyone has experience under-decarbing bud, and if there is a method to complete the decarb process.
    Im going to try putting a few grams of the butter in the oven at 130 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes and seeing if that makes a difference.

2. Never tried the method you're speaking of...I go pretty oldskool with butter...the herb and the butter go into water directly. I cook it slow and low for 8-10 hours, then strain, allow to cool in a bowl or pot, chuck that in the fridge, seperate the next day, place onto paper towels that absorb some liquid, then back into a stovetop pot to get rid of any excess moisture, just simmer for 5 minutes, then when it's back to cool enough I'll pour it into my mold/container.

It's probably more that you didn't do the butter bit long enough, because even weed that hadn't been decarbed at all will still work (perhaps not quite as well, but still well) in butter, but not weed that hasn't had time/heat to absorb into the butter.

I don't think you can do anything to make it stronger now, unless you still have all your material available?
    I'd just cook it all more, personally.
    But that's just me.

Good luck.