Can I Clone Yet?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by calijeremy420, Sep 11, 2014.

1. She's 19 days old today (09/10/14) Silver Pearl Skunk .. under 8 lamp t5 ho 6500 k 54 watt

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. I need as many plants as possible .. I've got 2 (1 shown) Silver Pearl skunk @ 19 days old. 3 more germinating and 1 bubba kush germinating as well. I am trying to clone early as possible so I can flower them all within a couple of weeks difference. I need to pull as much weight as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks everyone 😎

3. No response?

4. Raise your lights up about 2 ft and wait a week, they need to stretch more at least ;) Patience is a virtue my friend.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Damn patchees lol I know I need to learn it

6. were they feminized seeds?  i personally dont like to clone until they're sexed.. either way you do need to get some stretch to happen, raise the lights. It would be easier to clone if you have more to work with.  Time is a bugger!  many times ive had to put off what i wanted done because it needed more time!
      reminds me of a quote  " timing is the key to success. " Mark Twain. 
      I have actually cut one of my pucks down to about 1/4 inch so i can clone super small cuttings in my clone bucket.

7. How small are we talking about? *raises eyebrow with excitement

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

9. I cut a clone puck for clone bucket so it is about a 1/4 in thick. This way I have taken clones that are only slightly thicker! Like 1/2 in or so just so the bottom of cutting is being sprayed. I've been in your position - very minimal growth accept top of plant, nothing to clone! So I've took a very small cut from baby lateral growth and had it take every time ( done it a few times as I like to exp with seeds). If you don't have a bucket cloner get one. I have never had a cutting not root with mine- knock on wood!

10. I don't even know where to begin. I guess I will ask you this. How would you clone that plant?

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

11. Let me elaborate before I confuse you further. In order to clone a plant you need side branches. You need about a 2 ft tall plant (at least) with multiple side branches to take those clones. A clone should be about 4" tall. And you can't take more than 70% of a plants growth otherwise you will kill it. Me, I like to keep it under 40%. So to recap, you will need at LEAST a 2 ft tall plant with at LEAST 10-15 side branches and that will net you about 5-6 strong clones.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.